𝗪𝗵𝘆 𝗰𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝘄𝗲 𝗯𝗲 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀 ? | Chapter Nine

Alex's POV  

Tw : eating disorder ⚠️

I groaned in boredom , "You would think that since I'm in the hospital , the school would give me a damn break !"
"School shows no mercy for anyone ."
"It's like , you could be dead , and they'd still fail you !" I said with my hands crossed . They both hum in response . "Alright , I got your charts back , Ayana..." I don't have the energy to object " and they're you're showing lack of nutritional value . Is everything okay at home ?" Jaidah peers over at me in worry . Taj's right eye is practically twitching in anger . I opened my mouth to speak , but Taj beat me to it .

"What are trying to say ? Alex has been eating plenty isn't that right , Alex ?" She nudges me , waiting for me to back her up but that's not happening.....I stare down at my hands in guilt .

"Alex ?" I heard her say .

I refuse to look at her. I can't do it....

She grips my chin , and forces me to look at her . "ANSWER ME ! TELL THE MAN THAT'S NOT TRUE !" Taj shouts as tears spill from her eyes . "WHY AREN'T YOU SAYING ANYTHING ?" I can hear the pain in her voice . I heard Jaidah sniffling on the left side of me .
"He's right . Okay ? I haven't been eating much the past two months ! It-It was hard to find food to eat certain days , so I just...didn't. School lunch also ISN'T free , so I couldn't eat that—!"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US ?"
"BECAUSE I WAS HURT AND JEALOUS AND STUPID ! YOU GUYS STARTED TREATING ME LIKE SHIT , SO I DID THE SAME THING . EXCEPT , I COULDN'T BRING MYSELF TO HURT YOU TWO BACK , SO I HURT MYSELF INSTEAD !" I retorted back , out of breath . "Where were you staying ?" Jaidah questioned me through her tears . I shuddered .

Those words shook me to my very core...

I looked down at my hands again , "I was living in my car , but someone stole it so—!"
"Stop ! Please , I don't want to hear anymore ." Jaidah cuts me off . I don't know which surprises me more . The fact that she cut me off or the fact that she actually didn't wanna know where I was staying of not—considering the fact that when I was living with her , she acted like an worried mom 24/7....

"You're coming home with us after you get out of the hospital—!" Taj practically jumped out of her chair .
"And what if I don't want to ?" I retorted. "That's not your decision to make !" She spat back . "And why isn't it ? YOU COME UP OUT THE BLUE AFTER TWO MONTHS , AND EXPECT ME TO JUST FORGIVE YOU , AND PRETEND THAT NOTHING HAPPENED ?" She looked taken back by my statement—good.
"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS ? CAN'T YOU SEE WE'RE WORRIED ABOUT YOU ? PLEASE COME HOME !" Jaidah stood up from her chair abruptly. "Please ! I can't take this anymore . I don't want to go back . THERE'S NOTHING FOR ME THERE !" I grab at my hair , and started to pull on it . Taj then smacks my hands away from my head .

We all sit there in silence waiting for the doctor to speak again . He clears his throat , "Now that that's dealt with , I'd like to tell you something ." We all stare at him. What is he gonna say ? I practically just told him I self-harm to his face...

"We're keeping you here for an extra two weeks . With the information I just learned , you're in no position to leave this hospital. And if you try , I WILL contact the police ." I sigh to my self in relief. That was a close one..! I look over to see Taj staring me up and down too hard for my liking .

But not too close , I'm afraid...

A few hours later...

I laid in bed as my thoughts wander , and I start to doze off . I was startled awoke by a
boy—Kozume . "Kozume , what brings you here ?" I asked him . He actually surprised me by coming here . I honestly wasn't expecting it .

"I-I-I'm sorry . I've should've come earlier , but there was too many people here already , and.." He trailed off . "It's okay , Kozume. You don't have to apologize ." I looked at him with an reassuring smile . He smiles back , "I guess I can give this to you now ." He hands me a stuffed animal . "And you call me 'Kenma' , y'know ?" He said raising his eyebrow in bewilderment. "I know ." I winked at him . "Well , I'll be on my way now . See you at school....or whenever or when you get out of the hospital ."

Yeah , see you whenever , Kozume....

"I can't believe you get out tomorrow !" Jaidah dances in excitement. "Yeah , I know . I am so ready...." I heard an knock at the door . I look to see Kozume . "Hey , what's up ?"
"I wanted to introduce you to someone . I would've waited until you came back to school , but he's going away for vacation , so yeah ."
I looked back over to Jaidah. She got the memo , nodded , and left the room .

Kozume walked in , and someone walked in after him . Wait , they look familiar...I feel like I know them from somewhere , but I can't figure out why .

"I'm Kuroo Tetsurou . Nice to meet you ." Takes my hand and kisses . That voice , that manner . I've seen it all before....

Flashback

"Now , what was I looking for ? RIGHT ! The chi—!" I bumped into someone . "Argh ! What the hell ?" I looked up to see a boy with black , spiky hair . "Uhh....hi" I blushed . "I'm s-s-sorry for bumping into to you ."
"Aww , it's fine . You're very pretty , what's your name ?"

End of flashback

I took his hand . "Hi , I'm Alex . Nice to meet you too ." He smirked . "I look forward to getting to know you....Alex."

"Oh ! Watch out for the creep—!" The house I spend hours building was now blown up into pieces . "My house...." I pouted . I put the game down , and I crossed my arms in pure rage . Kozume can see that you're mad . "Do you want anything for the vending machine ?"
"Sure , bring me back a water bottle ." Kozume then gets and leaves the room . I felt like someone was staring at me . I look to see Tetsu staring at his phone .

I look at him and say , "I know you were staring at me ."
"What ? I don't know what you mean ." He says in a sarcastic tone . Does he really think I'm stupid ?

"Don't play coy with me ! I know you were staring !" He looks up from his phone , talks over to me , and bends down to my height . "And so what if I was staring at you ?" He then brushes some of my hair behind my ear . I blushed extremely hard . Wow this is attractive!

I gasped at his face came down to mine , and our lips connected . We grabbed each other's faces , and kissed him back . I begin to rub my thighs together . NO ! NOT NOW ! "What was that about ?" I said dazed . "I regret not doing that sooner ." He chuckled darkly . "Hey , I got your water !" Kozume says walking back into the room , and sitting back down next to me .
"Thank you !" I smiled at him . He hummed in response as he continued to play his game .

"ALEX , YOU'RE OUT THE HOSPITAL !" Jaidah said practically tackling me onto the ground . "Okay , okay !" I push her off of me .

"So , did you decide....y'know ?" Taj stepped toward me . "Yes , I'm staying at Nekoma ."
"WHAT ? WHY—?"
"Because I want to !"
"Please, come back—!"
"NO , I'M STAYING , AND THAT'S FINAL !" I shouted . "C'mon , Kozume and Tetsu. Let's go !" I walked away with them leaving Taj and Jaidah in the parking lot .