Chapter 10 - Your First Kiss

You incline closer and closer. But right before your lips touch, Jacob scoots back. You look at him in surprise and shock. Does he not want to kiss you? Your stomach churns with the thought of him hating you that much. 

"I - um -" Jacob says. You stare at him intently. He rubs the back of his neck with his hand. "Can I - um - can I kiss you?" he asks. You smile, happy he's not grossed out or anything.

"Of course." you say. As soon as it comes out of your mouth, you realize if sounded really stupid. Something that came out of a cheesy movie. But you don't regret saying yes, because Jacob's mouth inches closer to yours. 

You close your eyes and breathe in his smell. You lean in one last time. You close the gap between you and Jacob. Your lips press against his, soft, full ones. It's not the best kiss you could ask for. But at least it's happening. 

Once your lips are locked with Jacobs, you think of how well this is going. It's more than you could've asked for. All you were expecting was a weirded out Jacob who thought you were a nut for admitting your crush. 

But instead you're kissing him. Kissing Jacob Tremblay, one of the world's best, most loved teen actors of all freaking time. The boy you were in love with. It's not every day that that could happen. 

You pull apart after three or four seconds. For a long time, you stare into each other's eyes. You wonder what Jacob's thinking right now. Did he enjoy what had just happen? You try not to think of what he'd be thinking if he hated it. 

"That was . . . nice." Jacob says. He looks away. 

"That was amazing." You say, brushing your hands on your lips. Jacob's confused face, covered with mixed emotions turns into something that's nothing but happy. 

"I've wanted to do that for a long time." Jacob admits, looking at the floor. You snuggle up closer to him, and his embarrassed face contorts into the most beautiful smile in the world. "You're beautiful, Y/N." 

Blush spreads across your cheeks. You tuck your hair behind your ear. You realize that you're flirting, and sit up straight. "You're really cute." you blurt out. Then you slap your hand over your mouth. 

"I know." Jacob says. You giggle. After that, you pretend that that didn't happen, because you sounded like a little kid. But Jacob laughs too. Then you both start laughing. 

Harder and harder, shaking your bodies. Laughter seems to spill out of every possible place. But like all laughter, it ends after a while. You open your eyes, seeing that you and Jacob have both rolled onto the floor with your goofiness. 

"Jacob?" you ask. 

"Hmm?"

"Will this ruin our friendship?"

"No." 

He rolls over to look at you, and you sit up as well. On his elbows, looking at you with every positive emotion he could have, Jacob says. "We might not just be friends - but together? We're un-crushable."