Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen: The Rest of the EP.

Within the week I had every song at least, started. To Build A Home, Her Suicide Song, Dark Enough and See You Again were all completely finished. Mark and I were having troubles with Ultimate Goodbye. The chords and the sound. The vocals were pretty much all we had done. The best part of all of this is, one more week, and I'll be in New York with Dan. The day after I called Dan while he was drunk he called me and apologized until I hung up on him again. The day after he called again and apologized one more time. We said we loved each other and all that fun couple stuff, eventually he had to go, and for once, so did I.

Today was Saturday and I was going out for coffee with Janna and Chrissy. We tried getting Des'ree to come with, but she said she was busy. I met the girls at a downtown London bakery. Chrissy hugged me first, and then Janna. I sat next to them and we all ordered coffee and muffins.
"So how have things been going with your EP?" Chrissy asked.
"Amazing actually. I'm almost done with it," I replied.
"No shit?" Janna asked. I laughed.
"We have one more song that'll probably take two more days to finish," I added.
"Are you excited for New York," Janna asked.
"Overjoyed," I replied. They laughed. "No pun intended," I joked.
"How are you and Dan?" Chrissy asked.
"Good, I haven't talked to him since Yesterday," I replied.
"Us and our men ether. But it's a usual thing. They're just out being boys," Janna said. We were given our coffee and muffins and continued talking while we ate.

Monday came and went with more progress on Ultimate Goodbye. With Tuesday came the final recordings, Wednesday playback and final touches on all the songs, Thursday, today, came playback to the board of Virgin Records. They are the people who decide if I come on as a full recording artist, or stay with the EP and ride out my adventure of music on that.

I was wearing a simple, yet formal, red dress with red heels and some jewelry. My hair was curled. Mark was dressed really nice as well. We were walking towards the conference room I went to my first day here with Dan. The board had just finished listening to my songs. We walked in and sat in the last two seats.
"It was, brilliant. We know you write your own songs, you write them well, and you write them quick. We like how there is a cover on the EP as well. We would like to offer you an actual, 15 song, record deal. We need your answer now," the head person said. I smiled at Mark.
"I accept," I replied. I shook everyone's hands, and then Mark and I left the room.

When we got outside of the building I started screaming.
"I JUST GOT A RECORD DEAL!" I screamed. I was jumping up and down, spinning in circles. Mark was laughing at me. I pulled my phone out and called Dan.
"Hey," he answered.
"I GOT A RECORD DEAL," I yelled into the phone.
"You did not!?!" Dan asked.
"I did," I exclaimed.
"Oh Arabella, I can't wait to see you tomorrow and hug you. Congratulations love," Dan replied. Dan and I continued talking for a little bit longer. Mark and I hugged and then I went home.

I went inside where my dad was waiting for the news. I shook my head to him.
"I'm sorry sweetheart," my dad said as he came to hug me.
"For what?" I asked.
"You didn't get your record deal," my dad said.
"No, I GOT A RECORD DEAL!" I exclaimed.
"Love, that's amazing," my dad exclaimed.
"I can't wait to go to New York and perform for people. This is so exciting!" I exclaimed. My dad laughed at me as I ran up the stairs and to my bedroom. I pulled out my phone and sent out a tweet,
"I just got a record deal!"