Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four: Stress Can Cost Someone Their Life.

Dan was busy the whole day. He and the lads were in the studio recording some new stuff, after that they had an interview, some BBC Radio 1 thing, and then Dan said they might go out for drinks, without me. It wasn't that big of a deal, I had some work to do as well. I haven't had a solid minute alone with Dan in the past two weeks, and next week I leave on my tour. We sleep in the same bed every night, but we're on opposite schedules. I'm usually asleep by the time he gets in bed, or he's asleep by the time I get into bed. I'm so alone, I feel so useless, like I'm just a waste of space. And that's exactly how everyone's been treating me. My dad and brother haven't spoken to me since our big blowout. I tried calling, Dan says it's because they feel bad, that's why they don't answer. I just want to talk to someone other than Mark, who I've spent all my time with every single day. I miss Dan, I miss Kat, I miss Arial, I miss my mom. I'm so done, done with life, done with this, whatever this is.

"My dearest Daniel, thank you for loving me. This is NOT your fault, it's mine. I didn't try hard enough. But the pressure of tour, the pressure of impressing my family, of selling albums, making money, impressing the label, it's just all taken its toll. I cannot go on tour. I just want to go back to the way my life was before I met you and became famous, if you could even call it that. Fame, what a stupid, disgusting thing. Whoever even invented fame? I just can't do this anymore, I can't function. I love you Daniel, I love you, Kyle, Will, Woody, my dad, Jason, Kat, all of you. This is my final goodbye. So this is it Dan Daniel, I will see you again some other day and I apologize for my mistakes, I don't know why I made them, I love you. Signed, Arabella Ari."

In the middle of his BBC Radio 1 interview Dan received a text. He pulled out his iPhone and started reading,
"I'm sorry," it read.
"Arabella what are you sorry for?" Dan asked.
"Just promise you'll move on," I replied.
"What are you saying?" Dan asked.
"Goodbye Dan Daniel," I replied. Dan excused himself from the interview and sprinted to the bathroom where he dialed my number.
"Hi," I answered, my voice weary and tired.
"Arabella what's wrong? What are you sorry for?" Dan asked.
"For what I've done," I replied.
"What did you do?" he asked, frantically.
"Dan.. I." I couldn't finish, I lost my voice.
"Arabella? Please love? What's wrong?" Dan asked, he was now crying. Kyle barged into the bathroom.
"Dan, what the hell?" he asked.
"Something's wrong with Arabella," Dan replied.
"Woah, calm down. Why are you crying?" Kyle asked.
"I.. I need to go home I think she's hurting herself," Dan replied, pushing himself past Kyle and running out of the radio station. He started calling 999. He told the dispatch his address and what was happening, though he didn't really know himself. He got into a taxi cab and was on his way home.

When Dan arrived home he ran inside and into our bedroom to find the note I'd written on our bed. He suddenly heard Nala meowing. He left the bedroom and saw Nala pawing at the door of the music room. Dan tried opening the door, but it was locked.
"Arabella?" he asked. There was no response waiting. Dan backed up and fully charged at the door, busting it open. He saw me, sprawled limply over the piano. I wore a beautiful white dress and there was an empty bottle of pills sitting on the piano.
"Arabella!" Dan cried. He ran to me and started to shake me, no response. "I'd do anything to have you back," he whispered. Soon the paramedics arrived, with almost no pulse, they rushed me to the nearest hospital.

I woke up to white walls, white floors, a white ceiling, and blood? They were filtering my blood, the doctors. I saw Dan asleep on a chair next to my bed, his head rest on my left hand.
"Dan," I whispered. He sat up, rubbed his eyes, and started to cry.
"What the fuck is wrong with you?" he asked. I closed my eyes to stop the tears, it didn't work.
"I'm so sorry," I whispered. He grabbed my hand.
"You were dead, for two minutes," he cried.
"Dan," I sobbed. He stood up and hugged me. We laid there sobbing for what seemed like hours. When we broke apart Dan was much calmer.
"Your dad and I agree that the tour isn't a good idea. It's better if you stay where we can watch you closely," he said.
"Just the first few shows. I don't want to cancel them all," I agreed. Dan nodded his head. We were interrupted by my dad walking into my room. He started,
"I lost your mother, I don't need to lose you." And here came the waterworks.