Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One: He's Back.

A month came and went. Within the month, I moved back in with my dad. I got sick of being at Dan's while we were fighting, or whatever we were doing. Today he would arrive back in London, he has probably already landed. But I didn't really care. I was out in the meadow sitting on the lowest branch of my willow tree watching Arial graze and listening to Imagine Dragon's new album. I took my headphones out of my ears when I saw Dan, in skinny jeans, a band T-shirt, and converse, riding my brother's horse towards my tree. When he got to the base of the tree he dismounted.
"Did you learn how to ride when you were in Texas?" I asked. Dan looked up at me and chuckled.
"No, I just went with the flow," he replied, trying to be funny. I didn't laugh.
"What do you want Dan?" I asked.
"Just come down so I can talk to you," he replied.
"You could've called. I haven't heard from you in a month, we could've talked then," I said.
"That's not fair, the second half of the tour was twice as busy as the first half. I didn't have the time," Dan replied. I jumped down.
"That's when you make time!" I yelled.
"You never called ether!" Dan shouted.
"I was busy waiting for you to call!" I yelled. Dan looked sad. "I have to go," I said as I mounted Arial.
"Where are you going?" Dan asked.
"I have to get to my record release party," I replied.
"Arabella, we need to talk!" Dan yelled.
"You didn't have to get me a record deal," I retorted as I kicked Arial for a gallop, and made my way back to my dads house.

I made my way up to the bathroom and took a shower. After my shower I curled my hair. I started digging through my closet for the Sherri Hill dress that I bought for tonight. It was a two piece dress, so basically it was a crop top and a high waisted skirt. I found the crop top hanging up and slipped it on over a nude strapless bra. I found the light blue polka dotted skirt and slipped that over some nude spandex. I dug through the bottom of my closet and found a white pair of strapy heels and put them on as well. I found some earrings and a necklace, grabbed my phone, and then went downstairs.

My dad was by the front door with my white, fancy, fur coat. I put it on.
"Thanks daddy," I said. He hugged me.
"Have fun tonight," he whispered.
"I will," I replied. He kissed my cheek, and then I went outside to the car that was sent for me. The car pulled up to a club that had a red carpet out front, leading to the door. Paparazzi stood on each side of the roped off walkway to take pictures. The car stopped and the driver got out to open the door. He opened the door and I stepped out. My vision was blinded by the flashing lights of photographers cameras. I did my best to make it look as if the light didn't bother me. I walked up the short red carpet, pausing occasionally for photos, then I made my way inside.

Everyone from the label was at the club, celebrating my album, which just went up for sale.
"Congratulations," Mark said as we each took a drink of our wine.
"Thanks Mark, for everything," I replied. He hugged me. The hug was broken up by Dan walking into the club along with Kyle, Will, and Woody. Mark took a sip of his wine awkwardly and then shuffled away as Dan approached me.
"What're you doing here?" I asked.
"You don't think I would miss your record release party, do you?" Dan asked. I gave him a slight smile. He smiled back.
"Would you two just make up or make out already?" I heard Kyle ask from behind us. Dan and I chuckled. He then leaned in and kissed me, I kissed back.
"I'm sorry," I whispered.
"Me too," he whispered back.

That night was spent drinking and dancing, I also had to perform. I only sang three new songs. At the end of the party, Dan took me back to his flat. We were in his bedroom and I took off my dress, slipping on a tee shirt. I laid in Dan's fluffy bed as he got undressed and eventually joined me.
"They're planning me a tour," I blankly stated.
"Where?" Dan asked, he seemed crushed.
"Just around Europe," I replied.
"How long?" he asked.
"A month," I replied.
"When?" he asked. Almost on the verge of tears I replied,
"I leave in a few weeks." Dan pulled me close to him.
"Love, don't be sad," he whispered. I looked deep into his eyes.
"Dan, you don't get it. I still don't want this life. I'm a recording booth type of artist, not the touring kind," I replied.
"Maybe we can be your supporting act, to make you more comfortable," Dan suggested.
"I wouldn't ask that, you just got back," I argued.
"A few weeks Arabella, you said you'll probably leave in a few weeks. We'll all be fine by then, but I think you'll have to bring Nala," he argued back. I laughed.
"Of course I'll have to bring Nala. Thanks Dan Daniel," I said.
"You're welcome Arabella Ari," Dan replied. We kissed, and then soon fell asleep.

A/N Chapter will now be posted every weekend instead of every three days. Every three days has just been too much and I've been too busy lately. They'll now be posted once a week on any day of the weekend. But there'll always be a new update every weekend unless stated otherwise. Thanks so much for 2.4K

Xx -Alyssa