Chapter Twenty Three

Chapter Twenty Three: Bad News Like a Sucker Punch. What do you say?

We were back at Dan's house in London. Dan was out at a meeting and has been for the past hour. I stood in the kitchen on my phone when Dan stormed inside, the lads on his heels.
"Dan it's not that big of a deal, he only meant the best," I heard Will argue.
"By trying to break Arabella and I up?!" Dan snapped.
"Are you going to tell her?" Kyle asked. I walked out of the kitchen, they all stared at me.
"Tell me what?" I asked. The boys looked awkward. Woody looked at the fake watch on his arm.
"Well look at the time, Chrissy will be putting up a fuss," he said. He kissed my cheek and then left. Will and Kyle did the exact same thing, but mentioning their girlfriends instead. Once Kyle shut the door behind them Dan took my hand and sat me down on the couch.
"The meeting was all about Dick and his guilt. Do you remember when I got arrested?" Dan asked.
"Yeah," I replied.
"Dick was the one who called the police. He thought that if anyone ever found out about New Years Eve, that the band would be ruined. He thought the label would drop us," Dan said. I was shocked, confused. I loved Dick, he was like a big brother to me.
"Why," I asked.
"He thought it best Arabella," Dan replied.
"Do you?" I asked.
"Do I what?" Dan asked.
"Think it best that we would've been broken up that night," I replied. He pulled me to him.
"Of course not love, you're my one and only," he assured me. I sighed.

Dan and I laid on the couch the rest of the night watching Twin Peaks. His phone buzzed, and buzzed, and buzzed.
"Are you going to get that?" Dan asked.
"It's just Dick," he replied.
"He's your manager, you can't keep ignoring him. What he did was in the past, it's not something to be mad about," I argued. Dan sighed and then answered his phone. He stood up, and then shortly hung up his phone.
"What?" I asked.
"We just got nominated for a Grammy," Dan exclaimed.
"You just what?" I asked, jumping up.
"Grammy... Nomination," Dan said, flustered. I squealed and then jumped into his arms. But that was shortly ended because my rockstar's phone started blowing up.

Dan went out drinking with the lads, leaving underage me, home alone. I was laying on the couch when my phone beeped. Kat has just text me,
"Horse ride?" I replied,
"It's late." Soon after she text me back,
"I get that you're like famous now, but find some time for you best friend." I ignored the text, laid back, and sighed. I could've went drinking with the guys and their girls, I just didn't want to.

It was 7 when my dad invited me over for tea and ice cream. I walked into his house and found him and Jason laughing.
"Hi," I greeted, throwing my jacket on the couch and joining them at the kitchen table. My dad scooped me some ice cream while Jason got my tea.
"So why am I here?" I asked.
"I wanted to see you," Jason replied.
"Cute," I said.
"Arabella I haven't seen you since we were in Italy at the funeral. I, we, wanted to make sure you were okay," my dad assured me.
"No really, what do you want?" I asked. Then I heard the horses whinnies from outside. My brother and dad flinched. "Really?" I asked.
"We can't gentle them," Jason whined.
"I have to leave for tour soon. I can't risk getting killed by some horses!" I shouted. I stood up from the table and made my way to the door.
"Arabella what is the matter?" my dad asked. I turned around.
"All anyone ever wants me for is to do something for them. I'm sick of everyone expecting something from me. I never wanted to be a recording artist," I yelled as I walked out of the house. It had started pouring down rain while I was with my dad. I ran towards my truck and got in, where I started to cry. What was going on with me?