8

IMPORTANT WARNINGS: This chapter contains the whole Umbara arc. It's long. Once you see "XXX", a [poorly-written] rape begins. If you don't want to read the rape, then scroll down to the next "XXX" to continue reading. (The rape is still mentioned in this chapter.) There is also a big character death and lots of minor ones.

Master Krell was a tall besalisk whose mouth was set into a permanent frown. He was waiting for Sal in a gunship, a foot tapping impatiently on the floor. Sal scurried over and ran into the ship.

"Sorry I am late, Master Krell," Sal apologized. "I'm Sal Kalani, Master Kenobi's Padawan."

"Don't be late again, Kalani-Kryze," Krell growled. Sal flinched at the use of her full name. "Even the troops got here earlier than you."

Welp. Master Krell seemed to be an... interesting Master. "I promise that I will be a good Padawan, Master."

"I expect perfection. Sir Skywalker would want us to complete this mission as quickly as we can. Your tardiness made us leave... 4 minutes late," Krell frowned while looking at his wrist comm.

Sal nodded. "And we will make sure to make the mission quick, Master Krell. We don't want to take you from your duties."

The gunship swayed as the pilot carefully dodged missiles. The door of the ship swung open and the Jedi both jumped out. Rex was waiting for them, obviously without a Jedi General.

Sal walked over to Rex and nudged him towards Krell. "Master Krell, this is Captain Rex. Rex, this is General Krell."

"It's a pleasure to serve under you, General," Rex saluted.

"Kalani-Kryze, CT-7567, get your troops ready," Krell ordered. "We have to move out immediately."

"Master, his name is Rex," Sal growled while stepping in front of Rex as if she had to protect him.

"Get. Going," Krell replied with a snarl. "We have limited time. We can't keep your Master waiting."

Sal turned around and squeezed Rex's shoulder. "Let's go. We don't want him to get mad, do we?"

"No sir," Rex replied while walking next to her. "If he's not mad now I don't want to know what he is like mad."

"Neither do I," Sal sighed. "Neither do I."

...

They marched for hours. It felt like days, in fact. Master Krell kept himself hidden in the back of the group. No Jedi Sal has ever met stays behind their men. It makes the Sword and Shield tactic completely useless. Sal was up in the front with Rex and the 501st.

"Sal, can you ask the General if we can make camp on that ridge? We have been marching for the past 12 hours, not including the time before you landed," Kix asked. Of course the Medic suggests rest. Rumors about Krell have spread quickly, beginning with Appo's platoon, who were back with the General. Kix didn't want to face him, and a Jedi wouldn't hurt another Jedi, would they? Sal ran back to Krell, who frowned at her presence.

"What do you need, Padawan?" he growled. "I'm busy thinking of strategy."

"Normally, Masters Skywalker and Kenobi make plans at camp. Our medic suggests that we camp along that ridge up there," Sal points to the hill that Kix wants to camp at. "If we don't have time for rest, which we do, we plan strategy up front with the Captain."

"We don't have time for rest, make sure your medic understands that," Krell replied. "And I create the strategy, not with the help of a Padawan or a clone."