Chapter 10: A Haunting of Sexy Times

Ayumu's POV

Ayumu: "That was nice..." he tells himself as he's getting dressed after a nice, hot bath. "Wonder what the others are up to?"

Girls' POV

Aqua: "Honestly, I can't believe that zombie has the gall to call me braindead! I'm the one who saved his life after all!"

She slips into the bathwater while Darkness and Megumin are still washing up.

Darkness: "I've been wondering... I sort of get why you call yourself a Goddess, being an Archpriest and all. But why do you call him a zombie?"

Megumin: "Yeah. Zombies are stupid, lifeless, unfeeling, undead creatures that are actually pretty weak. Ayumu's not any of those things."

Darkness: "That's right. He was strong enough to mortally wound Verdia after even the toughest adventurers in town couldn't even touch him. Not only that, but from I've heard from my friend Chris, he was smart enough to learn potion and poison making. So in what way is he a zombie?"

Aqua: "Well, obviously that's because-" She feels a sense of dread, as if he was about to punish her for something she was about to say. "N-Never mind! The point is that he is stupid like a zombie! He can't even appreciate my talents!"

Megumin: "Didn't he thank you when you revived him earlier? And also when you did it after he went all ham on Verdia?"

Aqua's face heats up, but not because of the steam.

Darkness: "That's right. He looks like he likes to tease you, but it doesn't seem out of malice. Now when he teases me..."

She gains a creepy smile and starts fantasizing, getting into the bath as she does.

Megumin: "The way he always carries me back from my Explosion training, even learning about my explosions... He's a good person."

The three girls sit in silence as they think about what a great guy Ayumu Aikawa is.

Ayumu's POV

Ayumu: "Eh, probably talking about girl stuff."

Dressed, the zombie boy makes his way to the Guild, chatting with Guild Lady Luna.

Ayumu: "With not as many adventurers taking quests, is your job a bit easier in the winter?"

Luna: "No, I'm afraid." she answers. "While I don't deal as much with the adventurers, my time is instead occupied by the amount of quests being given to the guild. I have to assign priorities to each of them in order to nudge the adventurers actually taking quests into taking the higher priority ones."

Ayumu: "I imagine you have a lot of quests backed up, don't you?"

Luna: "*sigh* Yes, but it's not too much trouble. Honestly, the issue is just keeping myself sane." She smiles. "I actually enjoy the hustle and bustle of a crowded guild hall like this. Keeps my mind away from all the boring paperwork." she jokes.

Ayumu: "Hmm..." He's thinking. "Have you ever gone out on a quest with a party?" he asks her.

Luna: "What?"

Ayumu: "I figured that if you want a break from paperwork, you might want to see what goes on in a party on a quest. Sure, you hear about the vital details after, but you probably don't know the feeling of being there yourself."

Luna: "Hmm... I don't think I've ever considered that before. The closest I've been was when Verdia was at the gates, but I was here, coordinating evacuations and the adventurers."