Chapter 4: Sera, But In Reverse...

Ayumu's POV

Ayumu: "Now you may be wondering, 'Why did this chapter open with a picture of a woman with a perverted gaze equivalent to a 12 year old boy seeing boobs for the first time and looking away so as not to get caught?' You'd be right in asking that

Ayumu: "Now you may be wondering, 'Why did this chapter open with a picture of a woman with a perverted gaze equivalent to a 12 year old boy seeing boobs for the first time and looking away so as not to get caught?' You'd be right in asking that. It's a legitimate question. Well, it started like this..."

Flashback
Five Minutes Ago

Ayumu was just sitting in the Guild Hall, drinking some fruit juice. Soda doesn't exist in this world, he doesn't consider himself old enough to drink beer (especially after seeing what it does to Aqua on several occasions now), and tea is pretty rare considering it's mainly sold in the east. Fruit juice is the next best thing even though it's not exactly cheap. However, he's not alone.

???: "My name is Darkness, and my class is Crusader. If you would have me, I would like to join your p-p-party please! I can start immediately!"

Her face is flushed, but Ayumu doesn't know why. She's a Crusader, one of the advanced melee classes, and she seems like a dignified lady, but something's off about her...

Ayumu: "Hmm... I don't-"

She grabs his wrist with both hands.

Darkness: "Tell me about the women in your party! Why are they all slimy? What sort of horror befell those two!?" she asks with... enthusiasm?

Ayumu (thoughts): 'She's too close!' he thinks to himself as her face inches closer to his, making him blush as well.

Ayumu: "Well, umm, they just got swallowed by a couple of Giant Toads-"

Darkness: "What!? If only I were there..." she says with regret?

Everything about this girl is throwing him off. What, does she want to be eaten by Giant Toads or something? If Sera were here, she'd probably first call Ayumu a shameless pervert for letting his allies get slimed and then warn this Darkness about his lecherous nature that is actually healthy for a growing teenager. But back to this girl...

Ayumu (thoughts): 'What is up with this chick?'

Darkness: "I-I-I-I mean, as a knight, I cannot stand by and watch two tender young ladies be defiled by some creature!"

Her breathing gets heavier and her eyes stare widely at Ayumu, creeping him out.

Ayumu (thoughts): 'Red flag! She's giving me the crazy eyes, big time! But... she is hot and more importantly, she's a Crusader. Like Aqua and Megumin, she's probably going to be useful in only certain situations. *sigh* Do I even have a choice in this?'

Ayumu: "Look, you seem like a nice girl, but you might want to pass on this. One of our members isn't all that useful, the other can only use one spell once a day, and I... Well, the point is that we can get in trouble on quests. If you still want to join us, then-"