Chapter 13: Adjustments

A Few Days Later
Ayumu's POV

A few days after the Destroyer was... destroyed and the girls from Ayumu's world had come to this one, Ayumu finds himself out in town, picking up various supplies. Keeping everyone fed is a chore, and it's not like even he could feed everyone at the Guild hall every morning, afternoon, and night. They're a bunch of freeloaders, but at least they're earning their keep in a way.

Miss Kurumi was nice enough to let everyone stay at her inn for free since they didn't have anywhere else to go and the mansion isn't ready to be moved into yet. In exchange, however, she asked them to help clean it and get it ready for sale. A simple enough task for so many people, though Ayumu was rather concerned when he overheard Haruna talking about an automatic cleaning she was thinking about making using materials from this world.

Ayumu: "That girl is really a handful..."

At the moment, Ayumu's at the market, hoping to get some food for everyone. There're no such things as refrigerators in this world, so most things here are non-perishables.

Ayumu: "I wonder what Miss Kurumi's up to right now?"

Miss Kurumi has been working hard the last few days to get the mansion up and ready for everyone to move in, including herself. Earlier, she had asked him to come by whenever he could to check the progress. It's only been a few days, so what progress has there been? If its condition was as bad as what it was when he and the others were there when they got rid of the spirits, then there ought to be much more renovation than just cleaning.

Ayumu: "Alright, it's settled!"

He jaunts over to the mansion, food in his arms. Maybe it's in a condition to where he can at least store this stuff?

Eu's POV

The girls are currently helping that Kurumi girl clean her inn before she sells it. Ayumu probably didn't pick up on it because he's too nice, but she almost definitely had ulterior motives to agreeing to become the House Steward. But that's exactly why...

Eu (thoughts): 'That's why I...'

Yuki: "Lady Hellscythe!"

The Necromancer turns her attention to the blonde Vampire Ninja girl. Right now, the room they're cleaning is Ayumu's and Aqua's. The fact that Ayumu's been sharing a room with the moron that dragged him here is- No, he made it clear that he wanted everyone to get along.

Eu (notepad): 'Yes?'

Yuki: "Lady Hellscythe! Look what I found under Aqua's bed!"

She holds up a large bottle of what looks like alcohol. That must be the 'special alcohol' Ayumu threatened Aqua with.

Yuki: "What do you think we should do with it? Put it downstairs until we're done cleaning?"

Eu (thoughts): 'Hmm... That's one idea. However...'

She takes the bottle from Yuki, opens the window, and chucks it out.

Yuki: "W-What'd you do that for!?" she panics.

Eu (notepad): 'Because I still don't like her.'

Ayumu said that he wanted everyone to get along, but that doesn't mean that Eu couldn't have accidentally thrown out Aqua's empty bottle.

They continue cleaning the room and eventually get to Ayumu's side, starting with his bed. He's kept it fairly clean, though Kurumi's the one who does the sheets. Yuki picks up his pillow and hugs it, slightly sniffing it.

Yuki: "Oh Ayumu... I'm supposed to be your wife, but I haven't done a wifely thing since we got here..."

As Yuki's lamenting over her 'wife' status, Eu notices something. There's something that's on Ayumu's bed, where his pillow was, a few pieces of what look like paper. They read 'Succubus Club Voucher' and have some sort of code, along with some hearts. Is this a coupon for something called the Succubus Club? What's the Succubus Club?