S2 Chapter 1: DAFUQ!?

Ayumu's POV

Ayumu (narrating): "My name is Ayumu Aikawa. My destiny is to fight the Devil King. Even though I'm a zombie, I was pulled to this strange world by a beautiful Goddess, where terror, chaos, and destruction reign. I was blessed with dependable allies: a great Mage, a noble and beautiful Knight, and a benevolent Goddess who came willingly to help me. I was reunited with my friends, who came all the way to this world to assist me. As the wheels of fate turn and evil threatens to consume everything, our adventure to save this world begins again!"

Or at least, that's how he wishes his life can be described.

Sena: "Ayumu Aikawa, you are under arrest!"

Ayumu: "WHAT!?"

He looks around him, the other adventurers in the Guild Hall starting to pay attention to the scene.

Dust: "Hang on, lady! You can't just waltz in and arrest the person who saved all of us!"

Mage Girl: "Y-Yeah! Ayumu saved the entire town and all the people in it from the Destroyer! You can't just arrest him!"

The other adventurers present all seem to agree with their statements, making some of their own. Ayumu knew these people were awesome!

Luna: "Please, wait a moment!" she says as she comes to his rescue. "The situation with the coronatite-"

Sena: "Be quiet. Even Guild Receptionists have no power against the court. Any attempt to interfere with this arrest shall result in being arrested as a co-conspirator, as well as obstruction of justice!" She looks to her surroundings. "That goes for any and all adventurers too."

The protesting adventurers' cries die down, many looking away from the scene. These bastards aren't as awesome as he thought!

Sena: "Now then, Mr. Aikawa, you will come with us."

What to do? Ayumu could easily escape her and the guards she's with, but what then? He just got his mansion and everyone's about to move in... Shit. If he goes on the run, all of them will be put in danger too. They can handle themselves, but Ayumu would really rather not be a fugitive of the Kingdom, either himself or them.

Ayumu: "Fine." he agrees. "I'll come quietly."

Sena: "That is appreciated. Your questioning will begin first thing in the morning."

She puts a pair of handcuffs around his wrists, the guards starting to escort him from the building. He looks back at Luna as he walks, giving her a confident nod. She returns a stern one, acknowledging that he can handle himself.

Luna's POV

A few minutes have passed since Ayumu was taken from the Guild Hall. Nobody's really recovered from it. The overall tone of the Hall is, to put it in simple terms, gloomy. These adventurers put their lives on the line for others. Ayumu did the most dangerous job of actually bringing down the Destroyer once and for all and somehow came out unscathed. Even if a lot of the adventurers don't remember exactly how since they weren't that close, they all attest that Ayumu was the one who saved them, and now the Kingdom's Royal Prosecutor is arresting him for saving them all! It's not right! It's not fair! Surely there must be something she could do!

Luna: "What can I...?"

She looks at the front doors, where Aqua's walking in. Perfect! Even if she herself can't do anything, maybe an Archpriest of... Well, someone claiming to be the Goddess Aqua couldn't hurt the situation more, could she?

Ayumu's POV

This sucks! This cell is cold! It smells! And worst of all, the guards confiscated the ring that lets him walk around in the daytime without the sun drying him out and making him look like a wrinkled ballsack! Good thing it's now nighttime and the cell doesn't get much sunlight.