Chapter 6: Embracing our mistakes

There are times we make uncountable mistakes as though it's 'mistakes season' lol but that's where we decide whether to give up like losers or keep pushing like the winners we are! I'll quote Steve Harvey that, "If you want to attain success, you have to JUMP! There's no way around it. If you're safe, you will never soar."
That's the fact and not only in my words but in this legend's words too. If we don't take any risks or make mistakes along the way, then we can't achieve success. If we keep cowering away to protect ourselves then we shan't be successful in any way.

These mistakes are misunderstood by many people around the world including myself at times but this is the thing...If we let these mistakes get to our heads instead of correcting them, we dig our own grave. These mistakes are supposed to teach us and open our eyes to what we're missing or doing wrong. I'll give you an example, in form of a story. One year ago, I had a cousin who accidentally got pregnant. Well, let's just say it was a mistake that couldn't be reversed so she had to have the baby. She had to deal with it because her parents would not let her abort the child as she wanted to. She hated this unborn baby because it was a mistake. Many people go through this around the world as we all know. What inspired her to keep her baby was the counselling she got from fellow experiences from people. She learnt that she could struggle to keep her baby, cherish it as she tries to forget that it was a mistake and focus on loving the child. After a few months, she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl and as we speak she's ten with a very joyful, unregretful mother. See, she learnt that mistakes could be looked at in a positive way and that's what we have to teach ourselves.

These mistakes are meant to open our eyes to the better ways of doing things so as to avoid repetitions and future problems or regrets.
I say we welcome all our shortcomings as keys to open up better solutions to those problems. They are a blessing in disguise so you better embrace 'em in order to keep progressing. You never know what's in store for you!