Chapter 18: Power of good mental health

Mental health is one of the most important yet underrated topics. It is now that most people have started focusing on it more but still not emphasising on it. Good mental health is key because when you have it, you have total peace, no depression, no anxiety and even your general mood is tick. It keeps you going on with your a life and regulates your good moods beciase there is nothing disturbing your mind at any point.

When you succumb to poor mental health, your personality changes for the bad even to a point where you cannot turn back to your real self. You are always anxious and over thinking which is not suitable for the human mind and could lead to depression. It starts slowly by drowning you into deep thoughts of self doubt, you beat yourself up not physically but internally, stressing yourself. You feel like everyone is judging you, you feel suffocated and worst case, you distance yourself from others. I have been there. I used to like my company a lot, just by myself and I thought it was normal not until I started deliberately distancing myself from everyone or I could even feel like being around others is not worth it but that is where I went wrong. I became sad, dejected and excessively quiet. Very few people noticed and maybe just maybe, those were my real friends because they advised me like really talked to me about it till I changed. They stuck around and I appreciate that a lot.

We need to stand by each other as well in order to fight poor mental health. Whenever you feel down or something, talk to someone you trust and accept the advice they give you because at least that will take the load off your chest. If you see your friend suffering with depression, approach and softly speak to them. Be a good friend and do not let your sad friend die alone on the inside. Inside pain is believed to be worse than physical pain therefore be on the look out and avoid draining yourself too much. Avoid overthinking, it is not healthy.