Chapter 8: Humility is key

Today, a lot of people forget one of the most important aspects of life. To move steadily forward in life, we need to be humble. Humility also includes respect for others no matter what position they hold in your life or society. Here's a quote from a very influential person.
Albert Einstein in his own words wisely said I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.

I'll never forget that. Some of you may view this as irrelevant but it really paves way to success. How? People who are humble respect themselves and others around them. They put their responsibilities above their accomplishments. These are the people you find are the most influential people in the world, like Albert Einstein himself. They are down to earth, never boast, and are way too private with their personal lives. Tell me you knew Einstein's favorite dish or if he has any kids....or his networth. See, not everyone will know that.

Then you will come across the boastful type who are very rude, very demeaning and full of themselves. They put everyone who is not at the same level of accomplishments as them under their feet! They treat everyone as trash. I'm sure you have seen a few of those in your area, right? Acting that way is not proper at all! If anything, these people deserve to be left alone by themselves until they change their ways. There's this story I want to share with you, very interesting. I once had a close friend that was so full of herself. I think we were thirteen years of age by then. We were kind of best friends but not really. I say this because she wasn't genuine in the least. She always undermined me in all ways she could. At times, she would say something like "you're not as pretty as I am." or "you're really darkskinned but don't worry you're not ugly." This was hurtful but I was more of the reserved kind so I let it all slide. It kept that way woth more insults and stuff until I knew I couldn't take it anymore. I'm only human! I confronted her but she still didn't care so I decided to be the sensible one and left her alone. I couldn't handle it any longer. I know there are many people that are or have gone through the same and it's tough. It really makes you think less of yourself. It can even tamper with your academics or your social life and mental health. These people don't deserve out time of day, okay? If they can't be humble or respectful towards us then we have to leave them because since then I'm very happy without her and she's probably wondering what went wrong.

Also, lack of humility in people can lead to loneliness and unhappiness in life because everyone gets tired of your self centeredness, your selfishness and they begin to move away from your life slowly by slowly just like I left that bad friend of mine. Before you know it, you barely even have acquaintances all because you can't even try to be kind and humble.
This needs to be avoided because it CAN be avoided! We need to style up and be humble in order to survive in this harsh life because you can never go down the road alone even if you had all the money in the world.

At the end of the day, you will need help from someone you might have wronged in the past and you will be so ashamed to even face them. Let's be humble and grow together. It is only for the best.