匚卄卂卩ㄒ乇尺 1

You see.

If it were any random person, who heard loud screaming and crashing sounds in some random alleyway dead in the night, they would either call for help, go and help, or just ignore.

Jung Dae would do all three.

It was not really her fault, she would try to convince herself, but alas, her mind runs with anxiety, and she could only freeze.

Then the sounds stop. Only for a moment though. Because a few seconds later it got loud, and that's when she sprang into action.

She turned into the corner, her bag dropped to the side so she could focus on what was happening in front of her.

There was a lady, probably late forties, clutching onto her bag desperately as her body slumped against the wall. She looked a little banged up, her light coloured clothes looking a bit muddy, probably from whatever scuffle that was happening. Opposite of her, who practically had her pinned against the dirty wall, was this guy who was probably five heads taller than the lady, taller than Dae herself.

Dae gulped, taking in the sight of the man.

He looked like a weird combination of a wrestler and a lobster.

Yes. Lobster.

Under the moonlight, though covered mostly by the shadows of the buildings, his pincers shined a coral red. It was pretty actually.

And the situation at hand made it look absolutely terrifying.

But that was not going to stop the 23-year-old, thrill-seeking, anxiety-ridden person. What a juxtaposition for a human, but that, in the end, is what she is.

She was Jung Dae, who is a people pleaser, who would do anything to keep people safe. Because once upon a time- well, too many times, in fact, she was unlucky. And she does not wish such fate upon the others. Whether they had quirks or not.

"Hey you!"

The man stopped cackling, pausing as he turned to look at her with a glare.

She was not afraid of it.

Okay, she was- but! This was not the first time. This was not the first time she helped someone in need. This was not the first time she had to be looked down upon by some thugs. This was not her first time feeling scared.

The man's glare hardened at her sight, before straightening up to show off his full height.

Okay, he was not five heads taller than them. Maybe a good seven.

That still did not stop her. Even though her knees buckled. Just a bit. Hopefully, he did not notice.

"Listen here kiddo," the man growled, "this is between me," he gestured between them with his pincers, "and this old hag. So how about you skip along your merry way, and go-"