匚卄卂卩ㄒ乇尺 20

Dae pulled out the x-rays of her foot.

While at the hospital, she's got the doctor to get an x-ray on her leg, claiming it hurt like hell. All she wanted to do was check for that one piece of evidence that determines her biology.

The doctor, after checking, just send her home with a cream and some patches, concluding that it was from some bruising.

It didn't matter anyway. She just wanted the x-ray.

It was already obvious when the doctor checked against those lights, but she wanted a closer look to be sure.

Those who had quirks do not have the extra joint in their pinky toes, but those who don't, have two joints there.

Dae looks at hers. She has two joints.

--- • ---

"Is it the same?"

"Yes sir. Blood gone... but..."

"But?"

"There's... more. Uh... on this body there were signs of something akin to torture-"

"Torture?"

"Yes sir. Over here," the coroner points out, "multiple puncture wounds by something sharp, like a needle, on the veins of every limb, including the neck. They were done professionally but... all at once is a bit..."

The detective sighed exasperatedly, not liking how this development was going.

"And the other body?"

"She died earlier than he did. I guess it's when he was abducted, he was the first to go through such... overkill."

The man sighed, turning away to not look at them anymore.

"Please send the reports as soon as possible."

"Yes sir."

--- • ---

"For real?"

"Yes. And I know, as friends, you would want to go to his funeral but..."

Tae gulped.

"But what?" he hissed into the phone.

"It's... private. Like, not as in family and- what I mean is... he is a victim of a villain-"