匚卄卂卩ㄒ乇尺 17

Day 2

It was the next day.

Dae woke up around 10 that morning. She briefly visited the observation rooms to check on the staff and cameras. Apparently, that morning had been a bit boring.

For that day, she would be in charge of preparing lunches for the staff.

She got to the dining area, snacking on some fruits that were in a bowl on the table, before heading into the kitchen to look around.

She scanned the fridge and the pantry, seeing if there would be anything to make on a hot day.

...Would fried rice sound good?

Hope so.

She gathered various ingredients, and when two staff, the ones she met the day before, entered, they helped her with the food, before serving everyone delicious fried rice with chicken curry.

--- • ---

The men were grouped outside now, getting ready to play foot volleyball.

A while ago, after lunch, she made him mad by teasing him. He praised the amazing food and kept complimenting it, but when it was revealed that it was her who cooked, he went quiet, glaring at a smug-looking Dae, who was sitting before him. The other staff members laughed at their antics, as it was funny that the two who share a similar name were at odds with each other.

And the cherry on top?

Dae was in charge of one of the cameras, along with Daejung.

"Just don't get in my way, and we'll be fine."

"How can I? my camera's fixed here," she says from a distance.

She saw his eyebrow twitch. "I'm saying this, just in case."

Cheetah meowed from her place on Dae's shoulder, before stretching and kneading into the cloth of the hoodie she was wearing. Dae worried sometimes, that the kitten would be feeling cold since she was still young, plus they were surrounded by forest by a mountain.

It was a secluded area, she came to learn, and on the other side of the mountain was a village. This house was built near fields of corn, wheat and paddy.

It's not shocking to meet random villagers on their way to work there.

"If you're cold Cheetah, just get in my hoodie okay?"