匚卄卂卩ㄒ乇尺 21

"...How many?"

"Th- Three... sir..."

"...Three... with zero explanation-"

The chief slammed the files down onto his table.

How many more should disappear 'til we find the culprit?

"I want you to increase the protection of people. No matter where, get every policeman, every hero and sidekick to scout the place. Make sure no one - I don't care if it's a random civilian, or a celebrity or a foreigner - no one gets abducted. No one comes back dead! You hear me?!"

"Yes sir!"

The assistant director raced out of the office, ready to instruct the forces and every hero agency in the country to start a nationwide search and protection plan.

--- • ---

It was night.

And dark.

Well, yea of course it should be dark but not when there are streetlights built for lighting up the area.

Something's not right...

She looked around, making sure she wasn't just seeing things or hallucinating from lack of sleep when she saw shadowy figures from the corner of her eyes.

"AHH- HEEELP!"

Dae snapped towards the terrified voice nearby, and without hesitating, she turned into the alleyway. She witnessed a woman cornered into a dead end, with a big, burly looking guy.

She was not wearing any disguises, but that's not going to stop her.

She took a step forward, trying to assess the situation. She could allow herself to change, but that would be exposing her real identity, and she doesn't want that.

Maybe she could fight in the dark? Try to avoid confrontation face to face at all costs, not allowing them to look at her properly and since it was dark, she could take advantage.

She stepped into the area and, hopefully, succeed in distracting the bad guy when-

She noticed how they both looked at her...

And then she felt a presence behi-

--- • ---

"Ka Miyoung. A pleasure. My assistant, Kim Lina."