Chapter 1

ADELAIDE

Endless hours in the court and I am finally spared of the suffering. Ikaw ba naman ang magkaroon ng client na kasing tigas din ng bato ang ulo. My client at the moment was wrongly accused of forgery by his ex-wife.

His shameless of an ex-wife sold their conjugal properties, including their business properties without his knowledge—to an illegal real estate agent. She set him up to let everyone believe otherwise. Pinagmukha siyang tanga and his reputation as a businessman is at stake because he runs a corporation.

Mr. Gregor Miller is a multimillionaire businessman and I am not convinced to believe the latter, at first. Anong klase ba naman ang isang negosyanteng marami ng natutunan at narating sa buhay ang hahayaan ang sariling maprito sa sariling mantika?

Ofcourse! He still loves his ex-wife who cheated on him a few years back resulting to their now divorcée status. The case began when his oldest son Greg, one of my greatest friends, reached me out to help his father out of this mess. I, for one, could not refuse his request nor could I stand neglecting an oppressed.

The thing is, we were already at the court when everything we've been discussing for months went south. He saw his ex-wife for the first time again and he was already in the other world in a split second. With that being said, he wasn't able to cooperate well when I was putting him into a direct examination.

His choice of answers clearly did not help the questions thrown to him. Which obviously, did not help the case to be taken lightly or lifted.

"Uncle... what came to you at hindi mo sinabi ang totoong ginawa ni Elizabeth?" I burst out of being displeased with his actions. We were given 15 minutes of recess before the trial will proceed to continuation. We were sitting in a wooden seat along the empty hallway.

Mariin ko siyang tinitigan because altough his reasons would not help the case, I still want to know what's worth wasting the chance away.

He looked at me with a little shame."I could not let the person I dearly love go to jail... I just can't. If they take me instead, then come what may. I apologize for wasting your time and effort, Attorney." He calmly said in a weary tone.

"Hindi mo pa rin ba naiisip na siya ang taong sumira sa'yo? As a lawyer presenting you, I will do my job. Your personal matter is out of my concern. I am winning this case." I stated with finality.

"That's precisely the point. Sira na ako when my marriage came to an end. She can't destroy what's already ruined, she destroyed me once, she cannot destroy me the second time around." He sarcastically grinned but the pain is evident in is eyes.

Now, I don't know if the man is careless or just thinking differently. After all, he is my client and it is clear as crystal, he needs my help at the very moment despite him being emotional.

It's a good thing that I managed to hold the records and latest reports from a few banks. I also caught the agent—Elizabeth was dealing with, by the CCTV footages of places she went to before the false accusation occurred.

The agent was reported by his own neighbor since Miller is influential and his case shook the whole city in its duration. Elizabeth Ferrer and the said agent who goes by the name of Ronald Hadejo are both all over the news.

I was able to completely gather all of these data in a span of 2 months. All of the mention would serve as an evidence of Elizabeth's immoral deeds.

I somehow traced the accounts she used while transferring that dirty money into her name. Ang puta ay gumamit pa talaga ng ibang pangalan. I gathered enough concrete evidences, opposing her claim. Along with it, was the downfall of the company Hadejo is working for. All of the money was refunded to Mr. Miller and also the other victimized wealthy entrepreneurs. My beauty won the case.