Chapter 22

GINGER

"ANG RUPOK MO POTAAA!" Sigaw ko sa salamin. Nakauwi na kami kanina lang.

I can't get over that I gave in to her just like that again. Kasalanan ko rin kasi gusto ko siyang makatabi. Paano eh hindi ako makatulog pag sa ibang kama ako humiga.

Not unless, katabi ko siya. Ewan.

It's all glitters and sparkles now, the next day I'll find myself being pushed away. Ughh!

I should be focusing more on myself, my goals, and my plans for the company.

May business meeting pa pala akong pupuntahan. It's a good thing na mabilis kaming nakauwi.

I checked the schedule dad has today, I will be assuming his position at the moment.

He deserves a break, it's great that he went out with tito Amos and tito Paterno in Samal Island. I heard they are constructing Zendaya's secluded house in an expensive residence just outside the Villa.

Ang swerte ah, mahal ng daddy.

I wore a formal red jumpsuit to meet James. We both agreed to have lunch and he chose an outdoor high-class restaurant.

We have a lot to discuss so his choice are highly recommended.

Although Dad is the Chairman, the board also has the authority to suggest what must be executed and I heard they already counted on Sarido's plan. That's what I want to fix. We clearly need a better goal for that project.

Patapos na kaming kumain when we decided to talk about business.

"Don't get me wrong Yara, I understand you but I cannot accept your proposal. Our board has come to a decision, naglabas na ng budget. They will bring those animals here." He spoke, resting his back on the chair.

James and I have been friends for 10 years now and he knows that I have a "say" though I am not a degree holder yet. He tried to prove me incapable before, but he proved himself wrong instead.

Such a shame for someone 5 years older than me. Charot okay na kami ngayon.

"There are a lot at stake, James. So yeah, let's say you already purchased numbers of them in different specie, saan mo sila ilalagay? As far as I'm concerned, the Zoos are still under construction. Hindi rin naman tayo sigurado even if we rent the largest space in any existing Zoo here in the Philippines. Our local workers are not guaranteed to work in other premises." Nililinaw ko sa kanya ang disadvantage ng plano nila.

"Gee, we are well oriented about that case, in fact, we have already come up with an alternative. We are building them temporary shelters in a span of 6 months. It can accommodate hundreds of animals." He responded, softly rubbing his fingertips out of mannerism.

Hindi lang ang welfare ng mga workers ang nasa line, also those animals. The location they chose is not weather friendly and isa pa, hindi lahat ng hayop ay suitable for long travels, let alone in private planes or even massive ships.

"You are not listening. I am talking about the quality. Are you gonna present those animals in that habitat? I went to look it up, it's not spacious enough to accommodate them comfortably. Magiging sardinas sila doon. Please be reminded that we oath to take care of these species and take care of their future offsprings to save their populations... and you are offering them a shelter that isn't even that durable?" I pointed out.

Their plan is not as promising as it should be.

He now looked hesitant which thrilled me. I gulped my water and smirked. "You know it's best if you let those animals stay in Africa, you can give more opportunities to our most trusted Zookeepers, pwede mo sila i-assign doon and you can even raise their salary and benefits." I paused and wiped my mouth with the table napkin.