Chapter 25

GINGER

I entered in a massive hall here at Parco Molo Hotel, Davao. A lot of entrepreneurs are here, I recognized some of them from Manila. 

My uncle, Chloe's father is on the other side of the hall along with the other business tycoons that our family recognize. 

Hotels kasi ang business ng mga Fernandez, I'm sure we will have time to bump with each other later on.

I did not come here alone, I am with the Saridos, our partner since forever. I snake my hand around James' arm and started walking through the crowd. 

I wore a sleeveless royal blue satin dress with a pair of high heels and some accessories, I also put on  light make up and my hair is neatly tied into a high ponytail.

The man beside me is in his gray formal suit and brown oxford shoes. His pompadour hair is perfectly waxed emphasizing his perfect sculpted cheekbones and jaw.

"Are you ready?" He asked, his lips pursed making him so sexy.

I nodded my head and took a deep breath before we reached the table designated for us. 

Some canadian, belgian, and german businessmen are seated over there. They warmly welcomed us with a handshake before we all sat down.

The hosts began the night with a lot of entertainment, acknowledgements, some announcements, and lastly dinner.

 I socialized with a lot of people, shaken a lot of hands and some casual talks regarding business matters. Some of them are in the food industry and some are in medias.

Kinamusta din ako ni tito Gab, Chloe's father, about school and if James is my boyfriend already. Luh. Bakit ba ganyan basta humahantong na sa middle age?

"I heard, you are still in College. How do you work while studying?" Tanong sa akin ng matandang belgian, si Mr. Jacobs. I was told that he is the owner of Pet's Hotel back in Belgium and that he flew all the ay here with some company to look for a potential partnership.

"Time management is the key, Sir. I am well-determined of what I want to happen so it was a piece of cake." I softly chuckled sipping my champagne. 

James is just beside me joining our conversation as he listens.

"I am a witness of that Mr. Jacobs. She really is a determined one." James uttered. 

The old man chuckled with us, glancing his mates who are also enjoying the conversation. 

"I can see a good partnership you have there. I actually heard so much about your company. Now I would like to offer some proposal..." The canadian said straightforwardly, looking intently to us.

Nagtinginan kami ni James sa isa't isa dahil sa hindi inaasahang narinig.

"What do you mean, Sir?" James asked confused. 

My lip is in thin line now. Kinakabahan ako sa anong sasabihin ng kausap namin.

"I would like to add to your number of investors. My associates, Mike and Wilson want to invest in your Zoos as well. We love animals just as much and now we think we can save more if we give you a hand. What do you think?" Mr. Jacobs was the one to answer this time. 

He smiled genuinely at us.

I am still a little in shock about it but James gave the answer right away.

"This is such a wonderful news from you, Mr. Jacobs. If you still have remaining days to stay, we can discuss this further in any day you are available." James cheerfully stated.