Chapter 15

ADELAIDE

"Nag-aaway ba kayo?" Tanong niya ulit. Ginger keeps staring at me and I somehow felt a little anxious.

"Wala. Si Aze kasi nascam ng tindahan." Patty just tap my arm like saying, "I got this."

Napansin niya siguro na para na akong ma estatwa sa kinatatayuan ko. She went to help Aze bring the meat outside along with Zee, to give us a privacy.

Kami na lang ni Ginger ang naiwan sa loob. Inaya ko siyang kumain pero ayaw niya, gusto niya daw hintayin yung barbeque.

Now I became even more devastated.

"Let's go to your room, doon tayo mag-uusap." Usal niya pa.

She grabbed my wrist and led us toward my room. When we reached inside she immediately locked the door and pinned me against it.

I was taken aback with her actions. She cupped my face tracing my lips, then she leaned forward to give me a passionate kiss.

It was nothing but soul-consuming ngunit bago pa ako unti-unting maanod ulit sa mga halik niya, kumalas na ako.

"Gee, this is wrong." I told her apologetically, looking into her tantalizing eyes.

"I knew you'd say that." She smiled, but I know she isn't happy proving herself right.

"I'm sorry, Ginger. I am just not for you or for anyone at the moment."

"For the best's sake Addie, that will be the last time I'll ever kiss you." Bahagya siyang lumayo sa akin, she felt awkward and that's making me a little more guilty. "Don't worry hindi na kita kukulitin ulit." Sabi niya, pilit pinipigilan ang sarili sa pag-iyak.

I fucking hate this. Yung nilalagay ko ang sarili ko sa sitwasyong wala akong ibang choice kundi saktan ko nanaman siya.

I composed myself, lumunok ako ng ilang beses para makapag-ipon ng lakas ng loob.

Fixating my palms on her shoulders, I spoke, "Ginger, I will always care about you, kahit anong mangyari. But I am not your significant other. You deserve so much and I am not that person, Gee." I sighed.

"I know." Tugon nito ngunit kita pa rin sa mukha niya ang pagka-dismaya.

"Tanga ko lang kasi nagpapatangay ako sa mga tukso mo. You should stop leading people kung hindi mo naman pala kaya panindigan." She sarcastically added.

Napayuko naman ako kasi may point siya. Galit din ako sa sarili ko dahil ganito ako.

"And one last favor, Addie."

"Ano yun?"

"Don't call somebody else "Love". Marami pa namang call sign wag lang yan." Utos niya.

I didn't expect that from her. We just suddenly started calling eachother that, but I didn't know that it meant a lot to her.

"I won't. Ikaw lang." I pulled her for a tight hug. Feeling her soft skin, her warmth, and being able to get used to her sweet flowery scent, how can I resist to just take her here and now?

I have feelings for her, I do.

But just like what Sherlock Holmes said, "It's understandable but not necessary." Yet, at that moment, I wanted it to be an exception and just forget about my stupid fears and feel.

"One last kiss, Gee." I said before letting the urge to kiss her swallow me and every fiber of my being. I can feel her tears streaming down and I wiped it with my thumb. This will be the first and last time that I'll express myself.