Chapter 10

ADELAIDE

Due to busy schedules and hardcore tasks given to us by our beloved teachers, Napagpasiyahan namin ni Zee na by the end of school year nalang namin dadalawin sina mama at papa sa Marawi.

We studied and worked our assess off to pass all the written and actual assessments. Isama mo pa ang P.E. na kung maka bigay ng activities ay daig pa ang major subjects.

It's our finals for the second semester. We are now watching Ginger's competition. She will present their Division. All the contestants flaunt their beauty with confidence. Ginger is no exception. She looked so stunning with her long flowy gown and nature-inspired make up.

All the boys were cheering for her and some even had their banner for her. She has a popular suitor also coming from a well-known family here in CDO. Jacob Santiago. He was holding a bouquet worth thousands of pesos. The competition went on and on and finally, they declared the winner for this year.

Ginger ofcourse, got the second place. She was still happy even though and she even cheered for the winner, someone from Education. She went down the for the final walk to exit from the stage Jacob immediately met her, holding her as she walks down the stairs then gave her the flowers.

Aze just tapped my shoulder also looking at them. "Ang saya ni GG. Parang tama ka nga, tumigil din siya sa'yo." Nangaasar niyang pahiwatig. Kung wala lang si Patty dito ay baka hinimatay na siya sa suntok ko.

"Well, good for her." Tipid kong sagot. I walked to the comfort room with a lot of thoughts running on my mind.

Ilang buwan ko na ring hinayaan ang mga ginagawa ni Ginger sa akin. I just went with the flow. Sometimes she would go to the apartment and share her recipe with me and Aze. It was the first time we ate steak. She would also lend me some books and suggest documentaries that would help me deeper my knowledge about my major subjects.

She and Patty would invite us to movies when Aze and I needed to work to pay for the rent and for our daily needs to get what they want, they would pay us our salary for the day and buy CD's instead of going to cinemas.

They were doing too much.

We used to refuse but Aze could not stand the sad look on their faces. Zaya even threatened us to just let them, or else we'll taste her fist so we did.

I went out of the comfort room and when I opened the door, Zendaya's cold face met me.

"I know what you were thinking over there. You like her, don't you?" She asked. By the look in her face I know I couldn't lie.

"Yes. But that doesn't mean I should pursue her." I said fixing myself.

"Huwag mo sanang pagsisihan yang desisyon mo. She already told Patty that she might say yes to Jacob. The guy is nice and smart so she's got nothing to lose." Pangungumbinsi niya pa.

"Masaya ako kung ganun, Zaya. Let's not talk about this." I glanced at her once and for all before walking away.

I waked passed Patty and Aze along the way. "Hoy. Saan ka pupunta?" Tanong ng isa sa kanila ngunit hindi na ako sumagot pa. I just went straight to a club since uwian na rin naman.

I drank as many as I could afford and let a guy kiss me. I didn't know what happened next but I woke up naked in an unfamiliar room. A stranger is laying beside me naked. I didn't even care to see what he looked like. I just put my clothes on and went home.

Sinalubong ako ni Aze sa pintuan. "Saan ka galing?"

"Wala." I said heading to my bedroom. Sinundan niya ako patungo sa kwarto ko at humarang nang isasara ko na sana ang pinto.

"Addie nag alala kaming lahat sa'yo! Kung napaano ka na. Hindi ka nag text o tumawag, Ni ha, Ni ho, wala rin!" He exclaimed.

"Wala na kayong pakialam dun... buhay ko to at gagawin ko lahat ng gusto kong gawin." I said blankly. I left him at the door and fixed the things on my bed.

"Sige! Kung yan ang tingin mo na ikakaproud ng magulang mo. Yung anak nila humarap lang ng maliit na problema, ayun itatapon na niya ang lahat ng pinaghirapan niya." Diin ni Aze na nakapagpigil sa akin.

I just sat on the bed and cried my eyes out. Huminga ako ng malalim. "Hindi ko kasi alam kung anong susundin ko. Yung nararamdaan ko o yung dapat na maramdaman ko."

Bigla siyang nanlambot at mabagal na naglakad patungo sa akin.

Nilapitan niya ako at umupo sa tabi ko. "Addie, nandito naman ako para makwentuhan mo, makikinig ako. Mahal kita na parang kapatid ko na. Kung ano man ang pinagdadaanan mo ngayon, lilipas din yan at okay lang maging malungkot. Okay lang hindi maging okay." Niyakap niya ako at hinalikan ang ulo ko. I cried and cried until I felt better in his warmth.

Ilang linggo ang lumipas at natapos na rin ang second semester, it's already our summer break. Days ago I found out that Ginger and Jacob are officially together.

At first, I am hesitating rather to tell Gee about how I really feel but I realized it's better unsaid because she's already happy. Besides, I am not stable to be in a relationship, let alone sa katulad niya.

"Are you ready to go home?" Kinalabit ni Zaya ang braso niya sa balikat ko. Humilig ako sa kanya at tumango. Nagtungo na kami sa sasakyan niya and she didn't lie, yung Wrangler nga yung ginamit niya. Awaiting us are Patty and Aze.

"Oh, ba't kayo lang? Nasaan si GG?" Tanong ni Zaya sa kanila.

"Hindi siya makakasama may date raw kasi sila ni Jacob mamaya." si Patty. Zaya nodded in understanding and proceeded in the driver's seat, ako naman ang umupo sa shotgun.

"Ready na ba kayo? Let's go!" Naeexcite na sambit ni Zaya na para bang siya ay magbibigay na ng tsinelas sa mga batang palaboy-laboy lang.

Paalis na sana kami nang may muntikan na kaming masagasaan. Hindi ko alam kung ano or sino basta meron. Shet.

"ZEE!" Sigaw ni Patty. Mabuti nalang at malakas ang reflexes nito at pumreno kaagad.

"What the actual fuck?!" Zaya exclaimed.

Kinabahan kaming lahat at dali daling lumabas para tignan ang taong muntikan ng makita si Lord. "GINGER?!".

"Aray para naman kayong nakakita ng multo." May pa massage pa siyang nalalaman sa kanyang taenga.

Zaya went near her at tiningnan kung nasaktan ba ito. "What the fuck were you thinking at sinalubong mo ang kamatayan?" Tanong nito sa babaeng wala man lang pakialam sa nangyari.

"I cancelled the date. I haven't been to Marawi yet so I wanna see the city." Saad nito habang ang mga mata naman ay sa akin nakatingin.

I just looked away. Napansin yun ni Aze at bigla akong binangga sa braso. Kaya nasasabihang bakla ehh malisyoso at chismoso rin kasi. Without further a do, we all went back inside the car.

Tuluyan na kaming bumiyahe patungo sa Marawi. We ate junkfoods that Gee and Aze brought, light beverages, and at the same time we are vibing with different songs in every genre. I scrolled on my phone and I am notified with Ginger's new tweet.

"Getting to know you better." with a "<3" pa.

I smirked at what I saw, siguro nga tuluyan na niyang nagugustuhan yung Jacob na yun. I glanced at her from the mirror and she is smiling at her phone.

I never thought it would hurt me this way. I was damn sure Thryna was the last person I've ever taken seriously. But my heart seems to prove me otherwise.