Chapter 5

*Out at sea

*Evan/My POV

After escaping from the base, our ships resumed our course.

"Evan. Here's the damage report." Glorious handed me a piece of paper. I read the piece of paper and found out that the damages were minor.

"Send the manjuus to repair the damages." I instructed.

"Yes Evan." Glorious acknowledged and left. Once Glorious had left, I radioed the other ships to assess the damage they received.

"Ticonderoga. How's your damage." I asked Ticonderoga through the radio.

"Flight deck is a little damaged but otherwise I'm fine." Ticonderoga replied.

"Good." I acknowledged before moving on to Veneto.

"Veneto. How's your damage." I asked Veneto through the radio.

"Minor Damage but otherwise I'm good." Veneto replied and I moved on to Dunkerque.

"One of my main turrets can't move. The manjuus are working on it." Dunkerque replied.

One of Dunkerque's main turrets is damaged. That's not good news. I Ignored it for now and moved on to HSF Graf Spee.

"One of the torpedo tubes has been damaged but we're working on it." Thea Kreutzer replied.

"Continue working on it. We might need those torpedo tubes." I instructed before hanging up. So far, almost all of the other ships have suffered damages to one of their modules. Let's hope we don't get attacked while the other ships are repairing themselves.

*Timeskip

I received a telegram from Dunkerque later that evening, saying that the turret problem is fixed.

"One problem down. One more to go." I said. Just then, Glorious received an update from one of her planes.

"Evan. my planes located an abandoned port nearby. Should we regroup there?" Glorious asked me.

"Abandoned port?" I asked.

"Yes. An abandoned port." Glorious replied.

"In that case, send a telegram to the other ships saying that we're setting course for that abandoned port." I Instructed.

"Yes Evan." Glorious acknowledged and left.

*Thea Kreutzer POV

It is getting dark and the torpedo tube still hasn't been fixed.

"Thea! Telegram from Fleet Admiral Evan!" Wilhelmina passed me a piece of paper and I read it.

"We're regrouping in an abandoned port nearby? I see." I said before ordering a change of course