Chapter 25 - Donna

Y/n, Leon, and Helena stood in the manor lobby listening to the absolute silence, only the wind outside was audible.

Helena: So what's the plan?

Y/N: Well I could possibly rip the gate off but Donna and Angie don't want me doing that so unless we wanna wait for her to make her next move, unless Leon has a plan.... Leon?

Helena: Leon?

The two look around when they spot Leon looking into a room branching off to the side of the lobby.

Leon: Does anyone know her?

Walking over cautiously Helena looks in confused but when Y/n saw that face his heart sank.

Y/N: Grandma?

Y/N: Grandma?

Helena and Leon watched as Y/n approached the woman sitting in front of the fireplace eating S'mores.

Maria: There you are muffin, I was just thinking about you. What are you wearing, is it Halloween?

She smiled and patted a seat beside her, Y/n sat without concern but Helena was about to protest when Leon put a hand up shaking his head.

Leon: He knows...

Y/n looked at Maria who smiled and looked out the window overseeing the cliff side opposite of the waterfall.

Maria: Isn't this a beautiful place?

Y/N: Yeah its pretty nice... But what brought you here?

Maria: I don't quite remember but I do know you've been busy lady killer.

Y/N: You could say that... Im just glad to see you again...

Maria looked to her grandchild and smiled as she wiped a tear from running down his cheek as Y/n held back heartbreak.

Y/N: I know this isn't real... But at least I can look you in the eyes and tell you im sorry...

Maria: Hm?

Y/N: You gave me a home... When dad stopped coming home you gave me a safe place...

Maria: I failed to raise one son right but I got my second chance-

Y/N: But you needed me in those last moments... i drove so fast, actually lost my fender on the way... But even though it was only for a few seconds I made sure I was there...

Maria: You always were a dedicated boy... So strong and kind... I wish the world was just a bit sweeter to you...

Y/N: I'll be fine, just... Let me thank you... You saved me from a darkness and gave me purpose... I never got to say this before you left but now... Now I got that redo and I couldn't be happier...