Chapter 32 - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Y/N: If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Leon: Does that really apply to right now?

He asked Y/n as they stood in front of a dungeon cell looking through the bars at a sleeping Miranda.

Chris: WE SHOULD JUST KILL HER NOW!

Chris could be heard shouting upstairs, Y/n shook his head.

Leon: Ya know I gotta agree with him... This is a bad idea... Why not just kill her?

Y/N: I don't know completely... Something about her right now feels... Off...

Leon: Okay well don't tell Chris you 'don't know' or he'll go ballistic.

Y/N: More then usual?

Leon: You joke... But yes...

Chris: WELL HE OWES ME ANSWERS!

Y/N: Well no use trying to hide....

Y/n sighed as he climbed the stone steps, Leon staying behind to keep watch of Miranda.

When Y/n stepped through the doorway Chris turned to him with a bloodcurdling stare, murder in his eye and an expression he shared with Sheva, Jill, and Claire.

Chris: Why?

Y/N: Where do you want me to start?

Chris: ANYWHERE-

Sheva grabbed Chris's shoulder, she being the last defense against Chris beating the living hell out of Y/n.

Alcina: I don't care much for his barbarian-ism my dear but I do agree with Mr. Redfield about his concerns with Mother Miranda...

Y/N: I understand your concerns, your probably all thinking this is a plot by her to weasel into our pity and take us by surprise but something is off....

Sheva: What do you mean?

Y/N: She arrives at the front door, covered in blood and wounds, asking for help... It's far too simple of a plan if she intended to manipulate us...

Claire: So you believe her?

Y/N: No.

Claire: ..... Then?...

Y/N: Where's Travis?

Jill: Who?

Chris: Y/n old friend-

Y/N: Now my number one vendetta.

Chris: This guy was attached to the hip of Lady Dimitrescu.

Alcina: I still wince at the memory of his desperation...

Chris: But he was loyal to the idea of achieving god like power... Now his mistress shows up like that with no servants? I see what Y/n is saying... But it doesn't change the fact Miranda is still a problem.

Y/N: I agree Chris! Fully agree!

Claire: Then why-

Y/N: Because I don't know what happened to her! Claire... Miranda was the biggest challenge in the area, she was end all be all, BBEG of this story... Emphasis on was, someone OR something out there put her down... And we have no idea what IT is....

Jill: You sound scared...

Donna: The master is not scared Miss Valentine, a ridiculous statement.