Chapter 26 - Turmoil

The party of Chris and Leon lead by Y/n travelled through the dead snowy fields of the farmland to evade majority of the still hostile lycan population.

Leon: So your plan is for YOU to confront Heisenberg while Chris and I find Claire and get out quick?

Y/N: Yep.

Chris: Won't he be expecting that?

Y/N: Probably...

Leon: That's the only plan you got, how do we know if Claire was even taken prisoner? Heisenberg could-

Chris: Watch it Kennedy.

Y/N: Look were walking into Heisenberg factory, his personal playground... We don't get an advantage or an easy way but I care more about fixing this then anything else...

Chris: That better include helping Claire.

Y/N: Of cour- fuck sake Chris how little do you think of me?!

Chris: Im still trying to figure out your motives.

Leon: You get used to it Y/n.

The trio crested a hill and followed a dirt road till they reached the central intersection where the four domains met and the Duke had set up shop.

Duke: Ah! Mr. Kennedy, Redfield, and Callahan so good to see you gentlemen. Just in time too not long ago a lone woman came along searching for Mr. Callahan and directions to Heisenberg domain.

Chris: Was it a woman in a red jacket? Brown hair? About this tall?

Duke: Indeed. I gave her the directions AND a warning... But she was relentless.

Chris: Stubborn. Relentless. Not much of a difference for her.

Chris began to walk around the plateau lost in agitated thought.

Y/N: Duke... You mind pointing us in the direction she went?

Duke: Well I'd be more then happy to help except...

Leon: Except?

Duke: Well to get across the gorge you require the bridge and it WAS up... But after the lady left not long after the bridge descended mostly by Heisenberg's order...

Y/N: Which implies Heisenberg met Claire...

Leon: He knew if Claire came we'd or more so, You, would follow.

Chris: Meaning she's more likely captive so he can bargain with her...

Duke: Agreed but you'll never see that bargain until the bridge is raised... The only other means of raising the bridge from this side is with the village engineer's equipment...

Y/N: Oooohhh noooo if only I knew someone with the great knowledge of the village lay out...

Duke: Ha! Your a cheeky one Mr. Callahan... Go through those doors and find the sawmill, its the last place anyone saw him seeing it was the last job he was paid to do prior to the village collapse...

Leon: Well its the only clue we have... Chris you ready?... Chris?

Y/n and Leon turn to where Chris was  to see he was gone and the gate the Duke pointed to was now open.

Y/N: Such an asshole... Thank you again Duke!

Y/n and Leon bid farewell to the Duke who waved them off with his best wishes as they pursued Chris.