Chapter 5

Four years old.

"Mommy, can Kurt come over?" Blaine asked, tugging lightly on his mom's dress.

"I don't know honey, I'm really busy right now." Pamela said, typing on her computer.

"I promise we'll be good, please." Blaine said, bringing out the puppy eyes.

"Why don't we phone Burt and see if we can take Kurt to the park, give you some time to yourself so you can get your work done?" James asked.

"Really, that would be perfect." Pamela said, smiling gratefully at him. James smiled back and pulled out his phone, calling Burt.

Blaine stood patiently, waiting for his dad to get off of the phone. After five minutes, James ended the call and smiled at him. "Go put your shoes and jacket on, we're going to pick up Kurt and Burt and go to the park."

Blaine grinned and rushed out of the room, going to his bedroom to grab his jacket and shoes, putting them on as quickly as possible. Once he was done, he rushed downstairs to meet his dad at the front door, and they left their house together, making the short walk to Kurt's house.

When they got close, Blaine saw Kurt and Burt waiting at the front door of their house, and Blaine left his dad, running over to Kurt. Kurt smiled at him and met him halfway, and both boys wrapped their arms around each other, hugging tightly.

Both boys held hands as they walked to the park, their fathers behind them.

They made it to the local park, and Kurt and Blaine rushed to the slide, taking turns going down it.

Burt and James sat down on one of the benches, smiling at their sons.

"I can't believe they're going to kindergarten next year." Burt said softly, smiling as Kurt went down the slide.

"Me neither, it feels like it was just yesterday that we were taking them home from the hospital." James said.

Blaine left the slide, taking Kurt's hand and leading him to the seesaw. They both took a seat, and began to go up and down, kicking their legs when they were in the air.

"My mommy said we're going to the same kindergarten." Blaine said, going down on the seesaw.

"My mommy said we're going to play games and learn there." Kurt added, squealing when he was high up.

"We'll get to play together every day." Blaine said, smiling up at him.