Chapter 7

Six years old.

Kurt sat on the bottom step, sulking to himself.  He had been there for two minutes, but he still had four more minutes left. But since Kurt didn't fully understand the concept of time yet, it had felt like hours.

It wasn't Kurt's fault, he just wanted to show them the painting he had made, how was he supposed to know that he wasn't allowed to paint on the wall? His dad painted his walls yellow a year ago, so how come his dad was allowed to paint on the walls, but Kurt wasn't?

Timeout was the worst thing to ever exist, Kurt had decided. But it was better than the other option he had been given, no Blaine coming over the next day. Kurt had been so excited to see Blaine, so he reluctantly took the six minutes of time out.

He looked down at the carpet on the stairs, hoping time would speed up and his stupid punishment would be over. Once this was done, he was never speaking to his parents again.

"Kurt?"

Kurt looked up to see his mom kneeling in front of him. Kurt wanted to scowl at her, but he knew that would only make it worse.

"What you done was wrong, painting on the walls isn't allowed. Painting walls cost money for us, and you painting and drawing on the walls will cost us more money to fix, and we can't always spend money on painting walls. Do you understand?"

Kurt nodded, looking down again. "I'm sorry."

"Thank you sweetie, now come and give mommy a hug."

Kurt was still angry, but he couldn't resist giving his mom a hug. He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tightly, smiling softly when she kissed him on the head.

"You can go play now." Elizabeth said, Kurt nodded and walked to his room, shutting the door behind him and going over to his toy box.

A frantic knock on the door distracted Burt from the show he was watching. He got up to answer the door, seeing a distressed Pamela and James standing there, with a smiling Blaine.

"I know it's short notice Burt, but can you please let Blaine stay over? My mom's been rushed to hospital and we need to be there with her." Pamela said quickly, trying her best not to cry. Burt's eyes went wide and he took Blaine overnight bag out of James' hand, ushering Blaine inside.

"Of course Pam, he can stay here as long as you need."

"Thank you so much Burt." Pamela said, getting down so she was level with Blaine. "Me and daddy need to go sweetie, but you'll have Burt and Elizabeth to look after you, and Kurt to play with. Be good."

Blaine nodded, smiling when she kissed him on the head, and giggled when James ruffled his curls, before both of them got into their car and sped away.

"Kurt's in his room, have you had dinner yet?" Burt asked, seeing Blaine shake his head.

"Okay, I'll make your favourite." Burt said. Blaine grinned, and left to go to Kurt's room.

"Hey Kurt." Blaine said, stepping into the room and closing the door behind him.

Kurt turned around and frowned. "You're supposed to be coming tomorrow, not today."

"Mommy and daddy said that I need to stay here because they're busy." Blaine said, shrugging his shoulders and sitting next to Kurt. "What are you doing?"

"Playing with my dolls, they're getting married." Kurt replied, showing Blaine all of his Barbies.

"Where's the boy? He has to get married to the girl." Blaine said, frowning.

"The two girls are getting married." Kurt replied, making them kiss to show what he meant.

"Two girls can get married?"

"I saw it on the TV." Kurt replied.

"Does that mean that two boys can get married?" Blaine asked, taking one of the brides to play with Kurt, pretending they were at a wedding and getting married.

"I think so."

"We should get married, then we can live together and play together every day." Blaine said, grinning to himself, proud of his brilliant plan. "But does that mean one of us has to wear a wedding dress?"

"I'll wear it, I like dresses." Kurt said. "I think my mommy has dresses, and my dad has suits, we can get married right now."

"Let's go!" Blaine said, standing up and following Kurt into his parents' room. Kurt opened his parents' closet, getting himself a white dress, and a black blazer and tie for Blaine.

He handed Blaine his clothes, while he put the dress on, that was way too big for him.

"Kurt... I don't know how to tie a tie." Blaine said frowning. Kurt turned to him, grabbing the tie and making a knot that didn't resemble a tie at all, but both boys were happy with it.

"Now what do we do?" Blaine asked.

"I need to walk to you, then we say I do." Kurt said, going to the other side of the room.

Blaine giggled as he watched Kurt walked slowly over to him, pretending he was holding flowers in front of him.

Kurt stood in front of Blaine, and smiled at him, but then dropped his smile when he realised something. "We don't have rings."

Kurt turned around and grabbed his mom's jewellery box, looking through it until he found two rings.

"Okay, I do." Kurt said, putting one of the rings onto Blaine's finger.

"I do." Blaine said, putting the other ring onto Kurt's finger. "Do we need to kiss now? I've seen people do that at weddings."

"I think so." Kurt said. Both of them stared at each other, before leaning forward and pecking each other on the lips, pulling back and giggling.

"We're married now!" Blaine said happily, taking Kurt's hand in his own.

"We need to tell my mommy and daddy." Kurt said, smiling when Blaine nodded in agreement.

They walked out of the room and down the stairs, Blaine helping Kurt with his dress. They went into the living room, standing in front of the sofa where Elizabeth and Burt were.

"What are you two up to? And why are you wearing our clothes?" Burt asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Me and Blaine got married!" Kurt said excitedly, showing them the ring.

"Oh did you now?" Elizabeth said while smirking, too happy to scold them for going into their closet and taking their clothes.

"Yes, now we get to live together." Blaine said, smiling at all of them.

"Let's get you out of these clothes, and you can life together in Kurt's room tonight." Burt said, leading them both upstairs.

Once they had took Kurt's parents clothes and the rings off, they went back into Kurt's room, laughing together.

"We're married like our mommy's and daddies." Kurt said, smiling.

"Does that mean I can't have a girlfriend?" Blaine said, frowning to himself.

"Girls are gross, they have cooties." Kurt said, scrunching his nose in disgust.

"Some girls are nice; Jessica gave me a cookie today." Blaine said, sitting down next to Kurt.

"She doesn't have to be your girlfriend."

"She wants to be my girlfriend; she gave me a flower today." Blaine said.

"What did you do with it?"

"I put it in your school bag as a present." Blaine said, smiling at his friend.