Chapter 33

When Shawn nudged me, I turned around fast.

In walked my ex and his brother.

Jai and luke brooks.

I made eye contact with Luke fast before turning around, then prayed to God that he wouldn't tell Jai.

"Guys, we can't eat here" i said to the boys.

"Whyyyy?" they nagged.

"Because... um.. I want to get home to give my sick boys their food and medicine" I said proud of my response.

They groaned. After we paid, I turned around to leave.

I walked right into Jai.

"So youre just not gunna acknowledge me?" he asked raising an eyebrow.

"Hi! I didn't even see you!" i said trying to fake a smile.

He snorted.

"Wheres youre boyfriend of the day?" he asked which made my insides bubble.

"Actually we've been dating for 3 years, and him and my son and some other friends are home sick. " i said, trying not to sound too bitchy.

"and you're parents? Hows youre dad?" he asked.

My eyes welled with tears as i pushed past all the boys and ran to the car. I sat in the drivers seat and cried into the wheel.

Jai got into the passenger side.

"Oh no" i said going to open the door to get out.

"ashley wait" he said grabbing my arm. I stopped moving but i didn't look at him.

"I'm sorry. i didnt know your dad had passed. i was just trying to get on your nerves. I was jealous," he said leaning over to put an arm around me.

"I missed you" he said.

"i missed you too Jai" i said leaning over to hug him. I cleaned myself up and invited them over.

After i went inside and gathered my crew, we left, letting jai and luke follow behind us.

When we got into the house, cam was in the kitchen making a bowl of cereal.

"Hey babe, feeling better" i asked kissing his forehead. he nodded a little smiling at me.

"Whos this?" he asked motioning to jai and luke,

"This is my ex jai and his twin brother luke- guys this is cameron, my boyfriend" i said.

"Nice to meet you" jai said sticking his hand out. Cam snorted. I smacked his arm.

He walked up the stairs eating his cereal like nothing happened.

I chased after him

"cameron get youre ass back down there and be polite, they are my friends" i said angrily.

"no ashley. Im not dealing with your exes right now"

"cam just say hi! holy shit!" i yelled.

"No ashley, its not that easy" he yelled back.

"Oh my god! Didn't your father teach you to fight only when necessary?" i yelled, but immediately regretted it.

"My fathers fucking gone ashley" he said quietly, his eyes filling with tears as he ran down the stairs.

"Cam wait!" i screamed running after him