Part 4

Part 4:

The rest of the day rolled pretty peacefully...  in the evening we played badminton as usual.... to be specific I and Rafi's roomie Prashant were playing he was a CS guy. So no study related talks..and thus this game.. he was dragged by rafi here.. just as Madhu dragged me... the love birds were too busy in their sweet love chats... for a moment I felt like Mayukh was watching us four.. for I caught a glimpse of him at the tea stall at the other end of the joggers park of the campus.... I didn't see him after that.. may be I was hallucinating...cause the whole day I have been cursing him...

Back to hostel after dinner.. me and Madhu finally settled to study.... somehow I knew that Manhatten return idiot would set the toughest questions, not to check the capability of the class but ofcoarse to show me down... so even if I did a PhD on DSP today I would not be able to solve the questions... and DSP cannot be studied with a disturbed mind.. one needs to have complete peace to study... so I decided to do my style of studying... I picked up a 2nd year book.. yep.. you heard it right... 2nd year book... to revise the basics.... for unlike a 'lecturer' we students don't have  the luxury to invest all our time to one subject.. so better revise the basics... atleast one will be able to tackle the questions... most of the questions if not all...and I made it a routine to revise the basics of atleast one subject in a day... My darling Madhu also somewhat shared the same view about the next day's test.... and all these years... we made it a habit to study together... best friends you see... we never bought the same reference books.. for we believed in sharing...

It was almost 1 a.m., when we finished our studies... hell hungry... we stole into the mess kitchen store... got some oil...few onions... a carrot.. and some salt... no body would know... for everything is kept in huge sacks and barrels.... may be the hostel athority knows about the late night student cum thieves... so they never lock it... back to room a delicious Maggie... aah peice... time for TVD... we slept around 4 'o' in the morning... it was pretty often for us.. so habituated...

I rubbed my eyes seeing the questions... I looked at Madhu... then Rafi... then the whole class... yeah.. the test was indeed a surprise for us... Mayukh was passing amused smiles... his eyes stopped at me... he raised his eyebrow... I glared and looked away.... he chuckled... ughhh... idiot..!!! The questions were not at all related to DSP... they were basic electronics based small brain teasers... yippee!!! See.. my intuition was right... he never wanted to check the standard of the class.. all this was to screw me... but.. but... what he didn't know , was my studying style... and I screwed his happiness once again... yes.. i solved all the questions... and I could swear all were correct... come on... thats what I was doing previous night... Madhu too did very well.... but he gave another surprise.. for which we weren't  ready at all....

"Guys... I will randomly pick a answer sheet.... and the particular student has to come on the board and explain atleast 2 questions....". Mayukh  casually announced.. but the gasps grew thicker.... after some 3-4 students.... came the turn of the topper... 'Rangon Lahiri".... he took his answer sheet with a pale face.. Mayukh was grinning at me.... but... I did something very stupid whih made him turn complete 180 degrees.. yeah... as he as grinning I had shown him my tongue... you heard it right... I couldn't control my irritation seeing his grinning face.... I slapped myself for this activity for I was happy... for that monkey didn't show his face to me after that... huh... my good day starts.... Rangon... very expected by me... and unexpected by Mayukh.. could not at all explain... anything.... "I mugged up the DSP book..." he said in a low voice.... I felt like laughing at him and Mayukh but at the same time I somehow felt bad for him... but again I am very bad girl.... I went straight upto them... and started solving the questions on board... huh... Mayukh Roy... again you lost the game... but.. but .. but.. he gave a wide smile... a genuine one... and I got confused...