Part 26

I freshened... dressed up... took my luggage and left... Bye Mayukh... !!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was late in the evening when I finally settled in my room... my head was hammering hard... the jetlag wasn't enough that committee had to conduct meeting today itself..!! p.s: against me..!!!

I somehow had reached home in the morning.. kept my luggage and rushed for office.... multiple allegations against me..!! Firstly I had resigned without prior notification... secondly I was polluting the contract I had signed.. and finally... I was leaving the present project in the nearing end... I was head of the project... and the client wanted only me to lead the project...!!! the company was going to face a huge loss due to this..!! Finally... I was called in... they heard my reasons... and my darling husband's plight..!!! after a 4 hour long debate with three snacks break... I was again called in..!!! I was given options.... either to complete the project and then resign, or to compensate the loss and the contract...!!! oh ya... I was also told.. they won't favour me with any transfer, cause of my 'impulsive and in-disciplinary' behaviour.. !!!! obviously.. I could not compensate that huge amount, so better complete the project... moreover it was about to end...!!!

After office, I had to go to my paternal home.!! Marital terms you see.... anyways... my maa burst on me the moment I entered...!!!! I left her loving caring and all the good 'ings', sick, fractured son-in-law for a petty "show-cause"...!!! I decided to keep shut.... huh.. yet they didn't know I was actually not going back to Bangalore...!!!

Back home... I was again scolded.. this time... by mamoni and baba both...!!! for taking the sudden decision of resigning .. that too without consulting anyone about it.. specially baba... was not it that I all I wanted was to take care of their son... uumm... my husband...!!!! finally Churni came to my rescue...!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I gulped a Maxofen and was about to sleep... when the door knocked... Mamoni...!!! I lie my head on her lap... ahh.. peace..!! she ran her fingers through my hairs...!!! I closed my eyes and sighed deep....

"anything happened between you and Mayu...??" she asked me... I jolted up at her question... oh.. that reminds me... Mayukh has been calling me like a maniac... since morning... my inbox... what'sapp... facebook inbox.. flooded with his concerned pings.. apologies... I had decided to call him late night.. but forgot later...

"baby..." Mamoni nudged me... I kept numb.. "I know my son more than you do your husband..." she chipped... and I hugged her tight.. "what exactly did he do this time..!!!" she was raging by now... but how could I tell her that... How could I say that her son turns to beast completely and the consequences are on my skin..!!! not just in my heart...!! and again.. she understood my silence...

"I want a promise from you Hiyu.." she held my palms... I nodded.. "Punish you husband in the way you want... but don't leave this Roy Family... you and Pritha (Puchu's mom, Mayukh's cousin 'bhabhi') are the pillars of this family.. "I promise you maa..." I hugged a thank you...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next day, I went to office... planning a herculean schedule to complete the project in next two days...!!!

I was pacing back and forth with the circuit design, in my cabin, when I felt a tap... I turned... and immediately turned back... "this is my office, don't you dare create a scene..." I uttered... "I am sorry...slash me..." his voice choked as he handed me a leather belt...!!!!