Part 10

Part 10:

I was feeling uncomfortable for I knew he took me to be thamma and was hugging me by my waist. But it felt good. I ran my fingers through his hairs. Soon he woke up, and seeing me sprang on his feet!!! "you!!".. he gave a horrified look... I tried to explain but before I could say anything he dragged me to our room. "listen, I know you don't accept me as your husband, but in front of elders please act so" he spat. And I went dumb. Okay I was rude to him, but wasn't he the sole reason for it.!!! I agreed that I could not accept our relationship, but I wasn't acting atleast. Infact just 3 days back we got married, and it was my first complete day in his house, I was trying to make it mine na.. why does he always do this with me....!!! every time I took a step to mend things he did hurt me... 3 years back... even now...!!!

Tears made their way but I stopped them. Why would I shed tear for someone who has always hurt since day 1??? No... that's not so Hiya Mukherjee... but things have changed.!! I am no more a 'Mukherjee', I am 'Roy'.!!! Though not by choice, but it was the truth, and I had accepted it somehow. But yet his words did hurt me. Okay... If he is taking me wrong, then let it be. Its his problem and not mine. I splashed some water on my face and left for the kitchen.

Mamoni is a sweetheart. I was just assisting her with her cooking and kitchen related works. She kept talking about the food habits of the members, right from thamma who loved spicy food but wasn't allowed to have any to 3 years kid Puchu, one of Mayukh's elder cousin's daughter who took almost a half and a hour to complete her meals. I kept taking mental notes of everything, as I said, I had already accepted my new family. But Mayukh, well I can't forgive him..!!! at any cost..!!!

----------

The dinner table was again like all happy and chirpy. I myself fed Puchu telling her all sorts of stories. Boudimoni (BHABHI) seemed relieved... well, to feed her was not just to reduce boudimoni's work, but also to avoid Mayukh and his face..!! Churni came with a served plate to the special small table where I was with my little niece. "Ma asked you to have your dinner here only while feeding her. Don't wait for her to finish" she chipped poking Puchu. I smiled a thanks. After the dinner I went to thamma's room with her milk only to find mamoni was messaging her feet. She turned to me and smiled. "you keep the glass here and go. I will make your granny drink it" she whispered. But I sat beside her, gradually resting my head on her shoulder, "thanks for the dinner mamoni", I said. "thank your husband Hiyu. He asked me to take the plate to you" she smiled. I sat up with a jerk...!!! what??? It was him??? What does he really want??? Why is he so confusing!!! "I told you, your husband is a bit difficult" she smiled again, kissed my forehead and signalled me to go.

-----

I came to my room in a daze.. what does he exactly want?? Just back in the evening he yelled on me as if I was the worst person and now he is showing his family how much he cares??? Bloody hypocrite...!!!!

As usual I unrolled the carpet, spread the sheet and turned off the tubelight, and lied. He wasn't in the room. May be he was at the lawn strolling after dinner as Mamoni told. Whatever... I don't care!!! I covered myself with the quilt ad started thinking about my fate. I couldn't sleep. No!! Not because of my ridiculous husband but for my cold feet. The door clicked open, and I hugged myself tightly shutting my eyes tight.

Just like yesterday, my socks curled down, I kept numb. He was rubbing my feet. I yet kept quiet. But when I felt his lips on my feet, I flinched back..!!! in fact I sprang on my feet... "what do you think you are doing haan????" I yelled.. he was smiling thus increasing my irritation. "stop showing your teeth".. I raged... "I so knew you were awake".. he smiled again. What??? Is he out of his mind..!!! what does he think of himself!!!! "you are disgusting!!!!!" I huffed and went to the balcony. "I am sorry Hiyu"... he hugged me from back pecking my cheek. I struggled out of his hold and turned to him, "what do you exactly want???" "I want my wife to love me back the way I love her"... he grinned pulling me into him. I stood there motionless, trying to register exactly what he meant...