Part 9

Part 9:

As I woke up in the morning I found myself very comfortable cocooned in the bed.. I turned but Mayukh wasn't there..!!! where he could be at this time??? It's just ... omigosh... it's already 10...ughh..!!! how could I be so late..!!! moreover why was I searching him?? No.. none of my concern.. but still.. why didn't he wake me up??? Obviously to trouble me... so that my in-laws taunt me.. huh.. why the hell did he marry me even... and his ways... I couldn't really understand him....

"good morning Hiyu.." Mamoni wished with bright smile.... "you slept well baby???" I was like awe... a newly wedded bride, waking up at 10 in the morning... and she is babying me... I smiled my brightest.. "great morning mamoni.." I rushed to the washroom, freshened up and came out only to find out she was still waiting.... "ma... I mean mamoni..."... "ma sounds sweeter..." wow.. how sweet!!! in fact everyone was sweet except that bitter gourd. "You didn't scold me for waking up so late.. had it been my mother she would have cursed me like hell." I blurted innocently. "no bacchha, see firstly.. I am your second mom... then, you have been scolded enough.. now I am here to pamper you.." she kissed my forehead... and continued.. "and Mayukh had already told me that you are a late riser... so..." My eyes widened in shock... how did he know... I guess she read my face... "what..??? you guys have met so many times before.. he ought to know your habits..".... and againshe gave me another shock.... Mayukh lied to her... I never met him before marriage.. just once that too for 5 minutes ... "Your son told you that???" I asked in confusion... she smiled... "look Hiyu... I know, Mayu is moody... sometimes very difficult, but trust me, in heart he is a baby..!! may be last night you got a glimpse of it.." she said naughtily... and I blushed hard.

I was all messed up with the saaree.... when again my new mom came to my rescue... "I told you this is your home.. so behave like one..." she shook a pyjama from my bag and handed me... I have never been such a teary tear girl.. but her gestures made me feel so lucky and again I was in tears, this time a happy one unlike her son who made me cry..!!! I fished out my sweatshirt.. and soon found myself in the kitchen with her..

She instructed me, and accordingly I cooked. Guess these were his favourite dishes. At the lunch table, everyone praised my cooking skill though I knew 60% of the credit goes to mamoni. I was feeling heavens with my new family, even Mayukh was quietly eating... his face showed he was happy... okay..!!! I could do at least this much for gifting me this amazing family, though still I have doubts how was he a part of this family. But yet, I had so many questions unanswered.

Everyone was having a 'after lunch' nap, when I got a chance to interrogate him. But he never came in our room. Evening crept in. I went to thamma's room. And the sight I saw melted my heart like anything. There was he, Mayukh with his head on thamma's lap and she was chipping some story. I was about to turn when she called me, I sat beside her. "bor k khujte asechish?? (CAME IN SEARCH YOUR HUSBAND) thammi gave a naughty smile. I blushed, "na, tomake dekhte." (NO, TO SEE YOU).. "lier".. she pinched my nose. But to my utter surprise, Mayukh was yet sleeping. She shifted his head onto my lap, and I was numb. I mean me and Mayukh were not actually in this sort of relation that.. whatever... but I found myself making him more comfortable. "time for evening aarti".. thamma left, leaving me all alone with him.

I was feeling uncomfortable for I knew he took me to be thamma and was hugging me by my waist. But it felt good. I ran my fingers through his hairs. Soon he woke up, and seeing me sprang on his feet!!! "you!!".. he gave a horrified look... I tried to explain but before I could say anything he dragged me to our room. "listen, I know you don't accept me as your husband, but in front of elders please act so" he spat. And I went dumb. Okay I was rude to him, but wasn't he the sole reason for it.!!! I agreed that I could not accept our relationship, but I wasn't acting atleast. Infact just 3 days back we got married, and it was my first complete day in his house, I was trying to make it mine na.. why does he always do this with me....!!! every time I took a step to mend things he did hurt me... 3 years back... even now...!!!