Entry 206: Zora's Domain

My medicine was changed again. It's even worse. I can only down it if I eat it with something else like an apple, or something with decent flavor.

When I showed up at the training yard everyone was expecting me to teach again, the kids even came racing by when they heard I was there. We ended up spending half the day training in Hylian techniques and the other half me learning the Zora way from them.

The Zora specializes in spear work, unlike the Rito who it's a secondary weapon for. The Zora's secondary weapon are swords. Their swords are less like knives and more like giant sewing needles. Like everything else about them their weaponry is delicate and refine, the exact opposite of Gorons with their large and heavy weaponry. A good lot of their fighting also is made for water, either fighting in water or quickly hopping between it and the land. That's at least the more complicated stuff. For now, I'm starting on the basics. Already it's very different to how I usually fight. Just how they hold their weapons I need to get used too. I could have gone all day but unlike me the others need to eat and sleep.

Sidon came to see me at meal time, and we got to chat a little then. It was nice.

So, someone to protect me.

I won't stop him if it's what he wants, and he's smart he knows his limitations and won't get himself hurt. I guess the thought is just... really, really odd to me. Almost all I know is fighting so if he can do that, even be strong enough to protect me... it's saddening. Him doing so much for me, and I have nothing to give in return. It's not fair.

I suppose I could see if I can find Sidon doing his secret training, but that's his training, it would be rude to interrupt it.

Bossa Nova doesn't seem to mind being back home. He's been wandering off, doing his own thing as usual. During mealtime he kept demanding pets and scratches from Sidon. He's so cute, I can't help but wonder if he didn't get enough affection from the zora's through the day. Now he's insisting on cuddles as we go to sleep. He's been trying to get my journal out of my hand as I'm writing so I can properly hug him. That or he just doesn't like that his pillow is using him as a writing desk.