Entry 230: Forest of Time

I think I might be getting the hang of this. I really like training with Calisa. She's a bit hands off, but still leads me where I need to go. She has me learn more on my own while still keeping me on track. I think she'll be a good teacher for Riju.

Calisa also tried teaching me meditation. Well... she had Bossa Nova teach me. We spotted him just napping by a monster camp and none of them attacked him despite clearly knowing he was there. When I wondered aloud how or why that happens Calisa simply said to follow his lead and we ended up following him for the day.

He's very calm. He seems to do whatever he wants, without a care. He wanders off, not just staying in one place for long, but he doesn't seem to have any particular path or destination in mind. He just... is in the moment? Calisa asked me how I fight. If it's instinctual, or if I have certain strategies. I was confused, surely she would already have figured that out, but she wanted me to say it aloud.

I need to do the same with my thoughts. Let them pass and flow into the next movement, not get hung up on any particular one. Cause that will get me killed, or at least hurt me. I tried, but it didn't quite work out. Calisa told me it can take some practice, just letting yourself relax. She used to fret over finding a husband, but eventually, the more she traveled, the more she learned, and she figured out how to let go and move on, focus on herself and what she truly wanted.

I think I'll stay up tonight and try again.