4: fave kouhais

"Well, I'm very proud of you all. As I went over your exams, I've realized how much passion you all put into your writings." Ms. Ono sighed out of both relief, and happiness. "Congrats, you all passed this class, but I'll still be handing your papers back." She smiled, flapping the stack of essays in her hands.

"Woah, we all passed!" Hinata excitedly cheered, giving Kageyama next to him a high-five. The teacher went around, and ended up coming to both of them.

"Well Sho-kun, I knew you'd write a good essay but Tobio-kun, I was surprised on how in-depth you got with yours." Ms. Ono proudly said, placing the last two essays in her hands onto their desks. For actually once in their high school times, a big fat A was plastered onto both of their papers. It just wasn't an A+ because of the amount of grammar and spelling mistakes in their paragraphs.

"Woooow, Kageyama! You got an A too!" Shoyo gave a wide-eyed grin, sticking his face into the taller boy's paper.

"Hey, why do you sound so surprised, dummy?" Kageyama sneered, snatching the paper back. Hinata just looked up with that awkward smile of his. "But, you got an A too. As expected though." He murmured, "but your grammer still sucks."

"SO DOES YOURS?!" Hinata shouted, seeing many red marks and corrections on top of Kageyama's paper.

RING! RING! RING!

"Have a great summer all of you, and stay safe." Ms. Ono gave the last of her greetings to her students that wouldn't come back to this class in the second semester.

"BYE MISS! HAVE A GOOD SUMMER TOO!" The students waved goodbye, slamming out of the classroom. All of the other students filled the halls since that was the last class of the day. Though of course, Kageyama and Hinata had to get to practice before they could leave.

Time skip...

"It's a good thing you two passed your support class!" Tanaka cheered for the two boys as they came up to the bus with their bags in hand.

"Yeah, otherwise my two fave kouhais wouldn't be able to come along with us!" Nishinoya popped up aside of Tanaka, giving both the taller, and shorter boy a bright smile. It was like Tsukishima, Yamaguchi and Yachi were chopped liver or something. "Shoyo especially though." He chuckled, pressing his finger tip against his cheek.

"Big talk for someone so small." Tsukishima muttered under his breath, but was still able to be heard by both Tanaka and Nishinoya.

"HEY! STOP TALKING DOWN TO YOUR SENPAIS-"

"YOU GUYS, BE QUIET ALREADY!" Daichi shouted towards the first years, and the two second years. Of course, they all obeyed and shut their mouths. "Anyways, we'll be leaving now so start boarding up the bus. We're not coming back so, make sure you guys didn't forget anything." He warned, but honestly he was so scary that it sounded more like a threat.

Both Daichi and Koushi stood on the sides of the bus, waiting for everyone to enter. Once the last of them entered in, they also hopped on and closed the bus doors behind them. The two pair seatings made it so that the usual partners could sit together.

"Kageyama! Kageyama! Move, I wanted that seat!" Hinata tugged at the taller boy's arm. He wanted to the window seat but unfortunately, he was a bit too slow.

"You. Are. Too. Slow." Tobio bopped the orange haired boy on the head for every word in that sentence.

"You shoved me out of the way, you bully!" Shoyo retorted back, conking Kageyama over his head also. A vein practically popped up in the taller boy's head, as he grabbed him by the shirt, and tugged his butt down into the seat. "Hey, what's your dea-"

"You sleep anytime we drive anywhere, so what do you plan on looking at out the window? The back of your eyelids?" Kageyama insulted, but Hinata went silent because well, he couldn't really argue with that.

"Mehmehmeh, 'tHe BaCk Of YoUr EyElIdS?'" Shoyo annoyingly mocked the taller boy, "whatever, just tell me what you see on the way to the beach house, 'kay?" He poutily sulked, squeezing his eyes shut. If he was being honest, he was actually tired, and was actually planning to sleep the way there.

Then, the bus started up, and was on its way to Matsumoto. It would take around 7 hours to get there by bus so, Daichi them made sure to leave pretty early in the morning. Early as in 6 in the goddamn morning.

Of course, half of the people in the bus were asleep since they had to wake up early to leave. Though, Kageyama stared out of the window for a while.

The sun was barely up at this time. The sky was still painted pretty dark but, hints of orange an yellow seeped through the cracks in the clouds. The sun that was slowly rising was hidden behind a dark mountain so, the rays of sun looked like solar beams shooting up into the sky. Honestly, it looked picture-worthy. But, Kageyama wasn't interesting in taking a photo of the sky.

'I guess I'll go to sleep too-"

Tobio was cut off by the weight he felt fall onto his thigh. Surprisingly, or maybe not so much, it ended up being Shoyo to fall onto his leg. A wave of shock washed over the taller boy, as he didn't really expect something like this.

Normally during bus rides, Hinata would find the habit of falling asleep onto him, but his head would always be on Kageyama's shoulder. Not his lap.

There were no belts, nor any arm rests so, it was just an open seating. No restraints meant it was easier for Shoyo to lay his head down onto the raven haired boy's legs. Of course like any rational person, Kageyama thought of waking the shorter boy up to tell him to shove off.

Though... he didn't find it all that necessary.

to be continued...