18: i thought you liked me

"So, your crush... I'm assuming it's Yamaguchi, right?" Hinata questioned, drinking whatever drink he decided to order. Though, this question caught the blonde boy by surprise. "Don't choke on your drink, Tsukishima." He snickered, seeing Kei hack and cough.

"What's that gotta do with anything?" Tsukishima embarrassingly asked, flushing a tone of red. Wow, Hinata's never seen the blonde boy blush before.

"Wow he's got you wrapped around his finger, huh?"

"Says the one out on a fake date to make his crush jealous." Tsukishima scoffed but, something in his tone was filled with agony. Sounded like he was regretting something.

"...You do something to hurt Yamaguchi?" Hinata asked, actually being ready to listen to all of the blonde boy's problems. After all, he is helping him out with Shoyo's love life. Even though he practically despises both of the idiots. But that question lowered Tsukishima's poker face, and his answer was written all over it. "Aiya, what'd you do?"

Though, the blonde boy didn't feel like confiding in Hinata. Honestly, he didn't want to talk about his love life when it was obviously in shambles.

"Come on, we're practically temporary boyfriends. You can talk to your lover about your love problems." Hinata jokingly jokes around but, he was serious when he said Tsukishima could talk about his own problems. It was obvious that the blonde boy debated on it but in the end, he still chose not to.

"Have a nice day!" The worker waved the two boys out. They also walked to a park later on, and both of them could feel someone following them.

"You know. if he wasn't someone I knew, I feel like I would've called the cops by now." Hinata sighed, hearing footsteps walk behind him.

"We should call them anyways."

"Don't be like that."

They ended up stopping at a big oak tree. Tsukishima could see a disguised Kageyama from his peripheral vision, and decided he wanted to do something very fun. "Hey, play along." He whispered, bending down so that he was face-leveled with Hinata.

From the angle Tobio was standing at, it looked like the two were actually kissing.

'What the...hell?' Kageyama clenched his fists at his side. Yeah, he knew that the two boys were dating but, he couldn't help but feel jealous. He thought it was even a joke at first. "HINATA YOU MORON!" He shouted, running and pulling them apart.

"K-Kageyama? What are you doing here?!" Hinata put on his acting charade, pretending like he was shocked or something.

"Oh wow, it's the King. Don't tell me, you were stalking us?" Tsukishima snickered.

But, Kageyama's focus was all on Hinata. No one else.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" Shoyo irritably asked, feeling like the taller boy was trying to burn holes into his face. Hinata couldn't really but, Tsukishima could feel jealousy practically emanating off of Kageyama. "Do yo-"

"I thought...I thought you liked me." Kageyama muttered, eyes darkening.

He realized that he was currently acting like an embarrassing fool. He was following someone around, someone he himself rejected. It was his fault that Hinata was already dating someone else. Though, it still made his heart ache.

"As long as you're happy." Tobio softly spoke, walking off into the distance.

Hinata and Tsukishima just watched him leave, and ended up looking at each other. One had a satisfied look on his face, while the other urged him to go and chase after Kageyama.

"Thanks Tsukishima! Make sure to patch things up with Yamaguchi!" Hinata happily said, sprinting to go and catch up with the raven haired boy.

'Hahh, now to make Yamaguchi not mad at me anymore.' Tsukishima thought, taking Hinata's advice. After seeing how the shorter boy went through all of this for some measly crush, he figured that the least he could do was go and explain to Tadashi.

[...]

'Doubt someone like Tsukishima would be able to make him happy, anyways.' Tobio thought to himself, walking through the park. Annoyance and envy filled him, as he came to some sort of realization. 'Is this how Hinata felt?'

He didn't know how long the shorter boy had a crush on him for but, it must've hurt him seeing Kageyama put all of his attention on Akira. Though, all the taller boy wanted was to catch up with her. And maybe some advice on crushes and love, and shit like that.

"Kageyama! Wait up!" Hinata called out towards the taller boy who was busy sulking and walking away. He panted and heaved since he was searching hard for Kageyama.

"Go back to Tsukishima." Tobio bluntly said, going to walk away again. That was until he left a pair of arms wrap around his torso. "Wh-What are you doing?!" He nervously exclaimed, feeling his face heat up out of embarrassment. He didn't understand why the shorter boy was clinging to him, and not his own boyfriend.

"Heheh, I'm so happy." Hinata giggled, burying his face into the back of Kageyama's shirt. Tobio still didn't understand what he was talking about.

"The hell are you talking about?!" Kageyama yelled, unclasping the shorter boy's arms from around him. He turned around, facing Hinata with a red face. "Don't you think your boyfriend will be mad if your hugging another guy?!" He sourly said.

"You must really be in love with me, Kageyama!" Hinata beamed with joy, just hugging him once again. Honestly, he looked a bit kookie.

"What?! What do you mean by that!" Tobio questioned, beyond embarrassed, and kind of confused. Sure, maybe he liked the shorter boy but, love was a bit strong don't 'ya think? 'How did he figure it out, though?'

He didn't understand why Shoyo was hugging him right now. Though, it felt really good to be embraced by those lanky arms of his. It made his chest feel all warm.

"So are we gonna date now? Are we? Are we!" Hinata excitedly asked, looking up at Kageyama with those big brown eyes of his. They were sparkling with affection, which only confused the taller boy even more. "Where should we go-"

"HOLD ON!" Kageyama demanded, pushing Hinata off of him.

"What? What is it?"

"I thought you were dating Tsukishima?"

He waited for an answer, but when he heard what it was, it took him by a lot of surprise. It sort of made him a bit confused too.

"Well funny thing is, me and him weren't actually dating!"

"Wait... what?"

to be continued...