19: dorks in love

Honestly, Hinata thought the taller boy would be overjoyed to hear that him and the blonde boy was just pretending and everything. Though, something about his atmosphere made it seem like he was not happy but...upset?

"...Yeah, we were just dating to see how you would react and stuff." Hinata awkwardly chuckled, thinking that he somehow worded it wrong.

Honestly, this information aggravated Kageyama quite a bit. He was even gonna blow his top off at the shorter boy, just because he and Tsukishima were just fooling him. But, something else struck within him... and it wasn't only anger. It was relief.

"So you two aren't actually dating?" Kageyama asked, sighing instead of yelling. It surprised Hinata since, he thought the raven haired boy would be angry.

"No, we're not! There's no way I'd actually date him." Shoyo laughed, also out of relief. He was so happy that the taller boy wasn't upset with him. "Plus, he's already dealing with his own love issues." He snickered, even though it probably wasn't supposed to be laughed at. He glanced up at Kageyama who had a strange look on his face. "Kage-?"

Tobio bent down, wrapped his arms around the orange haired boy's thinner body, and rested his head onto his shoulder. He buried his face within the nape of Shoyo's neck, as he squeezed his arms tighter.

"I'm so relieved." Kageyama exhaled, but Shoyo blushed at the feeling of his breath tingle his shoulder.

"Ka- Kageyama, this is kinda weird. Let go please." Hinata pleaded, feeling his chest tighten up, and his body get warm. Once those words left his lips, he already regretted it. Though, Tobio didn't let go, he just looked up at the nervous boy.

"Can I kiss you?"

"What?!"

"Can I?"

Hinata was a bit hesitant, only because he was beyond nervous. But in the end, he quickly nodded, and squeezed his eyes shut. A slight chuckle was heard from Kageyama, as he leaned in closer.

'Hm, cute.' He grinned, leaning closer, and closer until his lips were only inches away from Shoyo's. He paused for a second, making Hinata peek open his eyes.

"What's wrong?" Shoyo asked, not feeling a pair of lips fall onto his.

Silence followed that question, as Kageyama was currently looking down at his feet. Hinata tilted his head, still confused on what was going on. That was until he saw it.

"I'm... embarrassed." Kageyama reburied his face into Hinata's shoulders, being a scarlet red from ear to ear. He just came to the realization that he was about to kiss someone that he was actually in... love with. "I'm sorry, this is so lame." He groaned, not looking up anymore. He just wished the earth would swallow him about now.

Hinata paused, and then suddenly burst into a ton of laughter. He thought it was adorable that someone like Kageyama could get this embarrassed.

"Stop laughing!" Kageyama pouted, looking up at the laughing boy with a bright red face. It was already embarrassing enough without Shoyo's loud laughter howling in his ears. Though, the smaller boy continued to laugh. "I said stop laugh-!"

A pair of soft lips crashed down onto Tobio's, making him stop mid-sentence. Hinata figured if that big baby wasn't gonna take initiative, he was. After all, he was waiting for this. The taller boy's face flushed red again, still embarrassed.

After they pulled apart, both of their faces were red. Surprisingly, one of their knees buckled, and it was Hinata's.

"What's wrong?!" Kageyama panicked, seeing the shorter boy just suddenly slump down onto his knees. Shoyo's face was buried with in his hands, as he was beyond embarrassed.

"Now I'm embarrassed." Hinata groaned, feeling a hand on his back. The taller boy was also bent down on his knees, right next to him. Seeing the orange haired boy's red face, also caused him to have a red face. It was like some kind of chemical reaction, as they both sat there with their hands covering their faces.

It was just a usual case of two dorks in love.

Both boys eventually looked up at each other, seeing each other's scarlet faces. Then all of a sudden, they both burst into laughter, both laughing at each other, and with each other. They were laughing until tears of joy formed in the corner of their eyes.

"You're such a dork." Kageyama laughed, wiping the tears in his eyes.

"You were just as red, Kageyama!" Hinata retorted, also recovering from the fit of laughter he was just in. Though, the smaller boy still wanted something, "hey, can you-"

Kageyama's lips pressed onto the orange haired boy's, not even waiting for him to ask whatever question he was going to ask. Honestly, he just assumed that Shoyo was asking for a kiss and surprisingly, he was correct. Hinata was a bit caught off guard but eventually, he just melted into the kiss. Melted into the embrace of someone he was finally able to catch.

If you were to ask him, he would tell you that it was even better than winning a volleyball game. And that right there, it said a lot.

After pulling apart from their second (or third) kiss, they just looked at each other. While staring into each other's eyes, none of them could really keep serious as they bursted into another fit of laughter.

Joy filled the air, as they could only hear the sound of each other's laughter. Even if it took them a bunch of tries, they finally got each other.

And something was sitting in the back of Kageyama's mind during all of it. He was thinking about that distant tale of the Greek mortal, Icarus. But this time, he came to a different conclusion. He finally understood something.

He finally understood why the boy in the Greek tale was so foolish to get that close to the sun. It provided so much warmth, and was welcoming with open arms. Even if it burned him in the end, and even if it one day melted his wings off...

He still found himself being lured in towards the sun.

end of story