Night crime

-Jackie p0v-

'Ok, so school ended much quicker than expected, Lewis Clark caused another stream destruction for the seniors. My one question is why haven't they suspended him yet, or expelled him.....' anyWho, 'school is let out at about 2 PM, so Marvin never experienced gym. Well here I am, sitting on a rooftop in my hero suit, keeping an eye out for any crime... thank fuck it's night right now.' I thought, I continued to walk along the rooftop till I noticed something pretty disturbing, there was a girl running with two blood covered machetes in her hands. Instinctively I threw a rope down and use it climb the building. I might be a superhero but I don't have superpowers, The closest thing is to super powers is my ability to dodge things quickly and the fact that I'm a good jumper, but even then I had to practice in dodging stuff like bullets and that took a while, and a lot of paper with a slingshot.

I reached the ground and began to pursue the machete wielding woman, slowly gaining on her. Just when I had her in my reach she turned around and attempted to slice my face with a machete. Instinctively I grabbed a machete with my hands by the blade.. ' your brothers are going to kill you for this one you know' I thought to myself in the back of my head, knowing that Jameson would not be happy.

While I was in my thoughts the woman managed to kick me to the ground and held machete to my neck " we need again, Jackieboy man~" she said, knowing full well that I have had enough of her nonsense. " don't try to move, or you'll be having a huge scar on your face by tomorrow~" she said " OK so I see you don't know how scars work, a scar just doesn't form overnight even if the wound is inflicted at night they don't rapid heal like that. I thought you said you were smart, somehow you're both smart and dumb" I retorted, which managed to get a reaction from her.

She was raising her right hand when it was suddenly grabbed by someone. Both of us look to see a guy in a cat mask, he seem to wear neat-ish messy clothing, and a dark blue cape. Oddly enough One of his injuries looked similar to Marvins. 'No.. I can't be Marvin, could it?" I thought to myself " what do you think you're doing?" The man said, in a bit of a deeper voice than Marvins ' definitely not Marvin' I thought to myself, attempting to get up to help the stranger only to be greeted with the machete from her left hand at my throat again.

" oh sugar pea, this is what I do for a living, I kill, and it's fun~" The girl with the machete said, performing a motion that I can only describe as Beyblade like, managing to keep both me and the new person in the situation at bay. " now you cuties, i'm going to leave, and you're not gonna get me~" she said, managing the run past us both as The masked man attempted to grab her wrist.

" dammit! This is the fifth time this week. I swear to Christ- looks sir, I'm sorry to drag you into this, or just in general asking invasive question, but what were you thinking?!" I asked, A bit frustrated and worried at the same time. " I could ask you the same, you really shouldn't be fighting crime if you're not prepared for it-" he began " i'm a fookin superhero, i've trained a lot for this." I said, which seemed to shock the man "ok then. What's your name?" He asked "jackieboy man" I responded "mine's night cat" he replied

After and awkward silence I asked him a question " hey, is your voice naturally that deep?" "No... A friend of mine made a voice module that changes my voice to sound deeper, it's easier to disguise my identity like that" he answered. Before I could say anything else he began walking away " you really should head home, I don't know how long you've been up but right now it's 2 AM." "SHIT! My brothers.... ok, you should as well. BYE NIGHT CAT!" I said, taking a secret tunnel that I knew about that led to my house.

Once I got back I attempted to sneak back through the window of my room, only to be greeted by my brother anti. " do you know how freaking late it is?! What had you so caught up?! You're lucky Jameson and seán are asleep." Anti said checking me for any injuries and managing to discover the machete wounds " HOW THE FOOK DID THIS HAPPEN?!" " look, I had to stop three robberies and five kidnappings, and I failed to stop another murder by that machete girl, and when she tried to attack me I stupidly decided to block it with my hands." I said, taking my hero suit off so my brother could apply the bandages where they were needed " and to top it all off I might not be the only superhero here! I came across this new guy called night cat" I said as anti cleaned The cuts I had from the machete girl along with one of the kidnappings. " Jackie.. you need to be more careful, in the meantime just go to bed right now, I'll deal with JJ and Jack when they wake up" anti said, making sure to wrap bandages around my injuries.

I nodded and laid back down on my bed, watching the door closes my brother left. Night cat still was on my mind. 'who was he, and why have I never heard of him till now?' And other thoughts like that danced around my mind until I slowly went unconscious from exhaustion

(yes this is the fourth chapter, and yes I know I am posting this quickly, I just really like this book. Also if anyone wants I'll make a little chart showing the injuries they have/where the marks are on characters)