Chapter 5: Either Whiter or be Better

Either Wither or be Better

All was well.

"And that's it!" The photographer shouted with bliss, his lips in a smile, and a thumb up in the air. Both Hyunjin and Yeonjun bowed at him with the vibrancy that almost resembled Spring in their faces, this was the last day for their photoshoot and now that it's done, they can finally have that long-awaited break.

"Thank you, you worked so hard," Yeonjun cheered for the staff and the photographer. The group of people returned the sweet gesture as they packed up their things.

Yeonjun turned around, the smile on his face still not faltering, he looked at Hyunjin who was busy checking his phone; he was biting and chewing on his lower lip. Yeonjun raised a brow, "Hey, Hyunjin."

Hyunjin glanced at him, a hand on his waist, "Yeah?" He elicited a small tsk before looking at his phone again. Yeonjun approached him, hands buried inside his pockets, "What's wrong? You seem...I don't know, nervous? Did something happen?" He continuously asked, face creased in confusion.

"Ah," Hyunjin sighed, he tilted his head as he looked at Yeonjun with worried eyes, "It's just...he's not answering my calls and messages, I'm worried."

"Who?" Yeonjun asked again, "Seungmin? Why? Did you two fight?"

"What?" Hyunjin raised a brow, "No, we're fine. We didn't fight."

"Oh," Yeonjun nodded, the confusion still not falling off his face. Besides, even leaves don't fall from the branches unless they know it's time to fall. Seasons resemble humans a lot - deeper than anything, we just have to view them in a deeper, more metaphorical way.

"Well then, who are you so worried about?" Yeonjun still asked.

Hyunjin stared at him, contemplating whether he should tell the elder or not. Should he? There's no harm in saying it. Hyunjin heaved a sigh, "It's Beomgyu."

The name did so much to Yeonjun, it always does. With the mere mention of it can build hurricanes inside the pits of his stomach, it never left - no, not once. He doubts it'll ever leave. He reckoned, almost all his life, Beomgyu's the only one whom he could memorize so easily; the younger male's like all shades of colors he took his time to learn when he was young.