Chapter 14: I fear, yet I love

I fear, yet I love

I fear, yet I love

Sunday evening.

As the sun soon hid from the sky, in less than seconds, the ocean above their heads was now filled with stars. However, they won't let this night pass without having to savor its warm and comfortable atmosphere. They were all seated around a bonfire, the wind blowing through their hair as they continued to spark up different conversations. They were still in front of the sea, their shoes against the white sand with a bottle of drink in their hands.

"No, but I really needed some time away from work," Wooyoung opened up, "It's been exhausting lately, and I'll probably get drained if I won't go on a vacation sooner or later."

Yeonjun nodded and drank from his can of cola, "It's true, even I needed some space off work. You know, just a little fresh air and maybe some ramen."

The others chuckled at his statement. Nonetheless, they all could agree to what they said. Life's been tough, it can be arduous, and they all needed some time away from the difficulties. Besides, life's not all about work or studies. During the times when you chose to lock yourself away with all your responsibilities, those were the times when life happened. But of course, you can't be blamed for that. Sometimes, we just think that life's too short.

"I agree too," Taehyun suddenly joined in the conversation, "I've been inside my room studying lately, if not, I'm at the hospital for training and stuff. I'm halfway there, so I feel like I shouldn't waste any more time."

He spared Huening Kai a soft glance before leaning on his shoulder, his hand went on to hold the younger male's bigger one before continuing his long-been-held thoughts, "It's been really draining lately, but I'm glad Kai was with me through the ups and downs. Now that we're here, I can say that this was the break I needed other than being with Kai."

Huening Kai couldn't help it. He wore a bright smile and gave Taehyun's tummy a gentle rub to lighten up the boy's mood. It surely helped Taehyun. Kai's touch, words, and movements have always been soft when they were dedicated to him.

The others felt happy after hearing what Taehyun had said. They could tell how work was so hard for him just by the dullness in his eyes, but whenever those pairs would meet gazes with Kai, they'd always twinkle.

"Lia and I had tiring days due to work too," Soobin was the next one to speak, "The café has been really packed up these past few days. We needed to spin that sign to 'close' too."