Birthday - Haruomi

The date shows 9th of July, it's Haruomi Hosono's birthday! Yukihiro and Ryuichi pitched in helping with the surprise party. The two men told Haruomi to take his time on coming to the studio and they're currently setting up the place. With the help of Akiko, you managed to invite Tatsuro Yamashita and Taeko Ohnuki while Yukihiro managed to invite Happy End.

Everyone finally arrived in the studio and everything is all set. The only thing left is to wait for Haruomi to come. It was nerve-racking but exciting in the same time. Everyone is dead silent that everyone in the room can hear footsteps from outside the dark studio, which Takashi carefully walked to the light switch. "Hello? Yuki? Sakamoto? You two better not be sleeping in there." Haruomi asked from outside then he opened the door.

The lights went on and everyone cheered, "Surprise!!!" and you were holding the cake with the candles all lit up. "Happy birthday to you~!" everyone sang and Haruomi was overwhelmed by the surprise. "You guys..." he laughed, letting out his surprise and blew all the candles. Everyone clapped and cheered. "Thank you so much, everyone." You could tell that he was glad to have this surprise party.

You, Akiko, and Taeko cut the cake to slices and shared a plate to each of everyone. All of you enjoyed the cake and chatted with each other. "So this was your idea, (y/n)-chan?" asked Haruomi and you happily nodded. "Yuki-san and Ryuichi-san also helped with the preparations." You added then you heard laughing. You looked at the direction and Tatsuro's face was covered in icing. Slowly it became a small makeup session with the icing and ended up to a food fight.

You managed to dodged the attacks, mostly from either Ryuichi and Eiichi. "Can everyone please stop—-" Takashi's face then was covered in icing. He scraped the icing and slapped it onto Eiichi's face. Everyone laughed then without anyone noticing, Ryuichi threw his cake at you. "(y/n)-chan! Look out!" you heard Yukihiro's warning and you quickly ducked, which made the cake landed on Haruomi's face instead. The room instantly went quiet and Yukihiro was beyond terrified.

"Who. Did. This?" Akiko then whispered to Haruomi that it was Ryuichi who threw the cake. He glared at Ryuichi and Yukihiro tried to reason with him, saying that he told Ryuichi not to throw it. "Yuki..." Haru cut off Yuki. "Sakamoto didn't get this on his birthday, did he? How about we return the favor?". "I don't think it's not a good idea—-" Yukihiro was cut off again when Haruomi walked to Ryuichi and slapped back the cake he threw.

The guys then threw a barrage of cake and icing towards Ryuichi and less than five minutes, Ryuichi became the cake. Mostly his face and parts of his hair. "There we go!" said Haruomi in relieve and Akiko went to Ryuichi. "Are you alright, Riu?" she asked. "I think I'm lightheaded..." Ryuichi's voice was half muffled from the icing. Akiko accompanied Ryuichi to wash off the barrage.

The rest of you cleaned the room. It took a while to get rid of the icing off the floor but everyone thoroughly cleaned the room and you with Taeko bagged the rest of the intact cake slices. Akiko and Ryuichi came back not long after. "I hope you're happy, Hosono-san." Ryuichi was still pissed and Haruomi innocently smiled. Some laughed including yourself and it was time to go back.

"Bye! See you later!" everyone headed back to their own directions. "Thank you for the party, (y/n)-chan. That was really fun.". "I'm glad that you enjoyed it." you smiled although you know that Haru was more satisfied on the barrage to Ryuichi but that was a fun party indeed.

A.N : As the title and the date showed, it is Hosono's birthday today! I think I'm giving him a lot of gifts... It was fun to write a wholesome surprise party although I never had the cake slapping on my birthday lol and I'm bringing back Happy End with two other City Pop giants. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and happy birthday Haruomi Hosono! I'll see you in the next chapter!! RD out!!! Boi!!!!