Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence : Alternative Ending 2 - Captain Yonoi

[TW// Gun, riot, death sentence]
Again... Not canon

Since assigned as the captain of the camp, Captain Yonoi has been known as a brute and ruthless. He firmly stood on his belief of the samurai and shown no mercy to anyone. Even to the new prisoner. When the firing squad oddly missed their shot, Captain Yonoi took one of the shooter's rifle and shot Celliers right then and there. The shooters and Yonoi's subordinates were shocked but quickly regained back their composure after leaving the range.

Colonel Lawrence was devastated when he heard his fellow soldier was executed just after arriving. He tried to lash out to Captain Yonoi but his escorts beat up Lawrence and he ended up locking himself in his room. Colonel Lawrence never came out ever since. The inmates feared Yonoi and the officers highly respected him.

Three years later, the Emperor declared unconditional defeat and the allies raided every prison camp they found and released their fellow soldiers while arresting the soldiers stationed as officers. Many of them were sentenced to death, even Captain Yonoi but he escaped. He smuggled himself in a supply truck that was heading to a district just outside of Batavia and decided to hide there. He didn't have any trouble with the locals since they are mostly Eastern landlords.

Yonoi became quite adapted with the surrounding and slowly learning the language then the district went on a riot. He found it ridiculous. Yonoi came to see the riot and although he hasn't fully understood the language yet, he understood that it was for the local government. "Idiots..." Yonoi coldly muttered a comment for the riot. "You said that because you're Japanese!" he heard a voice while walking away from the crowd. It seems the voice was a response to his comment.

He looked around, trying to find where the voice came from then he heard it again saying, "Yeah, you! I was addressing you." It was from a young lady and she looks like a local. Yonoi found it surprising and amusing. "How did you know I was here?" he asked while walking towards her. "It was easy to predict that the riot would attract your attention." She taunted back.

"Who are you?" Yonoi asked to taunt her and asked again how she found him. "Every journalists have their own way in this and you have no rights to know my name. Captain Yonoi." She smirked. It terrified him how the girl knows his name. He pulled her away from the crowd. "So, the brute Japanese captain of the regions prison camp escaped death row and decided to hide in this district and managed to blend in." the girl perfectly described Yonoi then confidently added that Yonoi thought that no one would find him but he was wrong because she did.

"Shut up, smarty pants! You don't know who you're messing with." Yonoi threatened back. "Then what will you do? Kill me? You do fully aware as well as I am that if you do kill me, you'll be arrested and everyone will know who you really are." He couldn't believe that she actually frightened him. "Turns out that you're not as smart as I expected, captain." She commented. "Just shut up and leave me alone!" he turned his back and walked away. "Too bad, captain!" she shouted. "I know where you're hiding and I'm not letting you out of my sight."

A.N : I'm back again with another MCML content! I watched it again in commemoration of the Independence Day so it got a bit local. I did a bit of a research of the town I live in and decided to use it as the hiding place. Gotta give it credit. I'm still thinking if I want to make this chapter its own independent book and if I do, the chapter's a preview then. Hope you guys enjoy and I'll see you in the next one! RD out!! Boi!!!