Chapter 5

Stella saw the hostess laugh as she saw her sit down on the desk chair.

“Howdy, I'm here to sign up for tonight's round.” Stella spoke.

“Sure,” the hostess sniggered as she picked up the form for the Redemption Round and a pen as she past it to Stella, “I hope you had fun in the tournament.”

“It was a rollercoaster, that's for sure.” Stella replied as she read the form.

“It's my first time hosting and I still can't believe how well it's going so far.” Now that the hostess mentioned it, she almost forgot about Buid's omission that could've resulted in a law suit.

“What's with the clause related to The Gauntlet?” Stella asked.

“That is where tonight's match will be held, you have to stay clear of some areas that could be hazardous.” The hostess warned.

“So that explains the clause for the  won't-be-responsible-for-any-deaths in the form.” Stella mentioned bluntly.

“At least there was a warning in the contract. Many of the competitors that have participated throughout the years throw caution to the wind.” The hostess mentioned for what she could guess.

“Not many shareholders are keen in showing transparency to their clients about their business since they're mostly concerned about making a profit or maintaining their interests.” Stella remarked absentmindedly, unable to tell that it was a warning or her usual response as she reread the form.

“That is what makes my team different from one of those giant companies. This project was built from a mutual bond, a common goal to create an experience. That's why the Collaboration Colosseum was a pitch to encourage fighters from different worlds to join together, not only to fight, but to make friends. It's like a community.” Before the hostess could ramble any further, Stella signed the form and gave it to her.

“It was nice knowing you, Mrs. Host.” Stella said out of courtesy, and to stop hearing the spiel that was probably rehearsed.

“Likewise.” The hostess smiled just as the Izarian space cadet walked out of the office. As Natalie looked at the signature, she spotted the doodled asterisk.

Well, she signed up at her own risk.

After not-Micah vaccinated Spino, the curious clients wanted turns to get vaccinated. The Raptor Squad, incredulous of how feeble minded the humans—and other species demanding to take the vaccine were. Baci Llus was drinking his beverage when he spotted the real Micah as she walked in drinking her cocoa capuccino.

"I can't believe how stupid most of these humans are." Bary said.

"Tell me about it," Micah, the real one, commented before taking another sip of her capuccino. “Those species survived for over 8 milennia and they remain as primitive as their ancestors.”

"Wait," Baci Llus came in, "if you're here, then who's the other one over there?"

"That's an usurper." Micah replied as she drawed out another sip.

"An usurper?" Spino bulged his eyes at the uncanny resemblance.

"Usually, I'd go over there and apprehend the imposter, but since I'm on my break--" Micah shook her cocoa, "--they're your problem now."