Herring 🆚️ Piros

The spotlight hit the host as she stood forward.

"We are back at the Redemption Round. I, your host, reeled in one of the challengers from the Melee Division. Liked by some, hated by others, keep your hands together for the Hue-Man fisherman, Herring Ja." After she mentioned his name, some of the spectators booed while they saw Herring step forward into the platform.

He blatantly ignored them as he walked into the center of the platform, fists on his hips. "Who is gonna be my opponent?" Herring hollered before the booing became louder.

"Looks like everyone wants to fight the fisherman." The host announced, "Only one will come forward to fight the fisherman head on!" The spotlight lit up to show that Herring was the only one stood alone on the platform.

"And who will that be?" Herring asked the host before she turned to look at him and smirked.

"Oh, he's one who you're quite familiar with." The host said before the lights turned off, within the darkness, a flame lit up just as the fighter came forward. Herring's smirk faded when he saw that his opponent... was Piros.

The combatants glared at each other as they stepped closer towards one another. The flame evaporated to smoke before the lights were on again.

Some of the spectators had a malicious grin, others were rooting for Piros. The red haired opponent came forward, shirtless. Amber eyes on his opponent while Herring took a defensive stance.

Piros was about to leave the stadium when the host called him. "Piros." The red-haired fisherman turned around to see the host walking up to him. "I'm sorry that you had to go through this. Rest assured, the one responsible is already fired." The host rolled her sleeves to prove her point.

"No," Piros started as he looked at the host as he faced her, her thick eyebrows slightly climbed at his reaction. "Herring was the one who deceived me. Don't cast the blame on one of your workers. I'm well served to know that Herring got defeated in the arena beforehand."

"If there is anything that you need, all you have to do is ask." The host suggested as she headed to her office before he saw Herring enter there. He wanted nothing to do with him.

"The Piros I know wouldn't have stayed in the dark for long. He would've gone out and got back up to take his stance and fight! What happened? Who quenched your fire?" Herring's word stirred up inside him and he clenched his fists angrily.

Piros trekked towards the host's office, but Herring exited before the red haired fisherman came close to the office. Piros peered into the office and saw the host seated. "Are you here for the Redemption Round?" His puzzled expression discarded her inquiry. "Guess not." Piros heard a whirring noise coming from the printer. The host pulled the flyer from the paper.