Chapter 4

Nerissa Davids

When I got home I had some lunch and then got to the homework I had for the day. I had Math and Chemistry. Back when I was with my parents I always locked myself up in my room so I could do some work. It may seem wierd but I like school work so much. Its an escape from reality. Drowning myself in books seemed to be the only way to cancel out other things I was feeling.

After an hour of work I decided to take a walk outside. My uncle dint have pets but there were lots of birds outside. So I decided to take a walk.

I went back inside the house and decided to check my phone since I hadnt checked it all day. I opened it and I saw the first message that popped up.

"You cant hide forever"
It was a message form my dad. I immediately broke down and went to to my room. I lay under the covers crying and feeling so afraid. I ignored the first message but this did it. I'm going to tell my uncle. I cant deal with this all by myself.

My dad will hunt me down he has connections. I'm way too scared to deal with this alone. I'm a little hesitant but I have to tell my uncle.

*******Later that day****************

Uncle came back and it's time to go down for dinner. I never carry my phone for dinner but figured I should carry it so I can show uncle.

As we talked I decided to bring it up.

"Uncle my dad has been messaging me"
Hes face dropped a little. He had a concerned and serious expression on now.
"What did he say?" He asked
I showed him all the messages I've been receiving and he looked angry. He tried to stay as calm as possible for my sake.

"Ness are you sure you dont want me to get both your parents sued?"
I dont want him to do that because my dad isnt some normal person. He has links with mobs and other dangerous underground businesses. I'm scared if my uncle takes action against him he will end up a serious target in my dad's world.

"No dont sue them" I said and sighed.
"I'm just scared and need some sort of protection" I said feeling like I'm asking for too much. I think he realised and he assured me that my protection came first.
"I'll have a guard for you if you feel threatened" that's what he said before he said goodnight to me and went to sleep.

With that I went to bed feeling a little safer.

AN
Happy readingg<3