Chapter 17

Nerissa Davids

It's finally the weekend. This weekend my uncle suggested we travel back to my hometown to get some of my belongings from there. I only came with a few clothes and I wanted some of the ones I had left over. I feel nervous. There's noone at home but I just feel anxious. All the memories of my abuse since highschool will cloud me as soon as I walk through that door.

I still remember the night my parents first started laying their hands on me. That night I had simply accidentally broken a glass and my mother was fuming. She asked my dad to hit me. He hit me harder that he ever has. It wasn't a regular hiding. I was being beaten up. What I dint understand is why I was being beaten up for a simple mistake.

Memory of that night

Crap I've dropped a glass.
I better tell mom before she finds out herself.

"Mom.....I'm sorry but I dropped a glass and it..."
She looked at me in rage. I've never seen that kind if anger on her before. And it's just a glass. It shouldn't be deep.
"Jackson beat her up"
What? Beat me? It's just a glass
My dad stalked towards me and he hit me with his waist belt.

"Please stop" I tried to say when I noticed my arm swell and bruise seriously. But he kept at it until I couldn't cry anymore.

End of memory

That was the day my parents started abusing me continously. The day I ran away I knew they would be on my tail. Abusing me kept them sane. But I couldn't always be the punching bag. That's what they get for dealing with illegal businesses.

"Ness let's get going" my uncle said snapping me out of my thoughts. I nodded and we headed for the car. The trip back to my hometown is long so my  uncle thought we should sleep over there. But I know my mind will not be at rest so I decided to be honest with him and ask him to leave the same day. So he asked the driver to take us because he knew he would fall asleep. The place haunts me.

                                     ♤

We've been on the road for 3 hours and it's 1 pm now. We are nearly there we are in the town. We just have to get to the house. I remember all these road and I remember all the train stations I tried my best to run to so I could leave home. All the memories are hitting me seriously and I'm struggling to keep it together.

We finally got to the house. I opened the door and immediately cringe. The place smells of alcohol and sex and it's a complete mess. I always kept this place clean and in check. Lord knows when last the dishes were done. I don't even want to think about cleaning this place I'm just here to get my clothes and go.

I walk up the stairs to my room. The door was already open and my clothes were all over the place. I think this was when they were looking for me. I pick them up and realise that most are cut up and have stains. I look in my closet and all my clothes are stained in red ink. I look around the whole room and it's thrashed.

And that did it. I started crying. My parents always used to thrash my things around to find me. I would often be left trying to wash things out. And now I traveled so long ro see my clothes are literally none existent.

I sobbed a little for a good five minutes before walking out the room giving it one last glance.

"I can't take these clothes uncle. We should leave" I said
He looked at me with worry and asked me to go to the car. I knew he was going to look at the disaster but I dint stop him. When he came back his jaw was clenched and he looked furious.
"I'm sorry ness" he said. I simply nodded. I don't have the energy for this place anymore.

From today I've decided to simply move forward. Forget about all the things I've gone through because I'm safe now. My parents are locked up and I live with my amazing uncle. When I finish school I'll start pursuing my dreams and move ahead in my life. I have to leave my parents and my abuse all behind me now. Or else I'll never move on.

That's what I thought about before falling asleep. Braving myself for the 3 hour trip home.

AN
Sooo I'm back lol. I'm sorry I was gone school is not doing it for me.