Chapter 9

Axel Allen

Today is the day Sam comes to school. People are going to be shocked that hes actually gonna show his face. He hasnt been to school in weeks and others even suspect he transferred to another school. I get questions about him all the time but I just choose to ignore. I'm the popular boy I dont owe anyone an explanation.

"Bro I hate school but you still make me go" he says frustrated
"Its for Nerissa's protection you idioti. I don't give two fucks whether you come to school or not."
He looks at me.
"Since when have you just felt obligated to protect some girl. And if shes rich isnt she just like the popular whores at school?"
That made me angry. He dint directly call her a whore but that made my blood boil.
"Call her a whore again and I'm putting a bullet in between your eyes." I said seriously and he dropped it.
"Just see for yourself. Shes not what you expect" I told him

We finally got to school and as soon as I stepped out Maya the school "popular girl came rushing to me.
"Hi Axel" she said batting her fake eyelashes and chewing on her gum so loudly. Agh irritating.
"Maya go away." I said walking past her. My anger issues and temper where starting to kick in
"Why baby?" She asked. Ew.
"Get away from me you idioti." I seethed raising my voice. She looked shaken and just walked away. Irritating.

"So the school whore hasnt changed huh?" Sam said smirking at me. Knowing full well my discomfort. Hes lucky hes my best friend, otherwise he would literally be dead. He loves to get on my nerve and weirdly enough I think I enjoy it.

We decided to stop by my locker and there she was.

"That's Nerissa Sam" Sam looked
"Woah you were right. Shes definitely not like the others" he said.
"You see" we walked towards her.

"Hi Nerissa." I said and she looked up with those big eyes of hers. She looked tired.
"Hi Axel" she said closing her locker.
"Hi babe I'm Sam" she looked at Sam and gave him a questioning look. He called her babe??!!! I glared at him.
"Hi.....Sam" she said a little hesitantly.
"Well I have to get to my chem class so I'll see you guys later" she said and waved a little as she walked away. She looked so uneasy. Sam that stupid bastard.
"Babe???" I say annoyed
"What? I was being nice" he said defensively. And I rolled my eyes but continued.
"You see what I mean? Shes so closed off and scared"
"Not to mention that she looks extremely tired right now" he said. Glad to know I'm not the only one who noticed.
"Yeah."I said and we finally decided to walk to class. 

It was finally lunch time and me and Sam had the same class together after lunch. We have Biology together. Sam is just going to clown around because our Biology teacher doesn't like him. Thank goodness we graduate this year.

I see Nerissa by the Cafeteria eating by herself. I know she doesn't like people but I'm dragging Sam to go sit with her with me.
(I hope this sentence makes sense lol)

We're walking towards her table when someone grabs my wrist.
"Hi baby sit here" Maya said patting the place next to her. Yeah no. I have to leave before my anger issues kick in.
I quickly retrieve my wrist and Sam and I keep walking towards Nerissa.
We go sit in front of her on the other side of the table.

"Hey" she looks up.
"Hi. What are you doing here?" She asks. No surprise there.
"Just about to have lunch. Mind if we sit here?" She thinks a little
"No not at all go ahead." I thought she was going to leave immediately after but she didn't.

"Hi BABE" Sam screams to Nerissa. She looks up a little startled you could say even shaken. But she smiled a little when she realized it was just Sam
"Hi Sam" she laughed
"Ok so what's for lunch?" He asked. And Sam just kept rambling. I just stared at Nerissa.

I was snapped out of my haze when the bell rang.

"Well I have to go for my class now. See you guys later" she said and walked off. I dint realize I was staring at her.

"Dude are you staring?" Sam said, snapping me out of my haze
"No" I said defensively.
"Aw big boy Axel is getting whipped?" Sam said mocking me.
"Shut up" I said as we walked out of the Cafeteria.

Were doing this for her protection. I dont do feelings. Getting my heart involved is a fucking mistake. I'm scared of the things that would happen to my heart.

I got home and lit a cigarette and I had a drink by me. Tommorow evening Jackson is giving me my money. Whether he wants to or not. Or whether he has it or not.

AN
Hope you enjoyed this one loves
Happy reading<3