Chapter 5

Nerissa Davids 

I woke up the next morning feeling a little safer. My dad and hes deals will probably follow me everywhere, but I need to keep my peace. It gets exhausting to fear for your life every single day. Not to mention that this is all I've done since the beginning of highschool. My parents used to love me but all of a sudden at the beginning of 8th grade it went downhill.

A tear flows down my face but I quickly wipe it away. I cant keep on dwelling on my trauma it makes my life worse. Today my mental health is terrible. I feel protected but I'm so weighed down. I hope to make it through the school day without passing out.

I got out of bed and took a shower. I went down for  breakfast but Uncle had already gone to the office. He probably had a lot to do. I finished off and went to the drivers car so I could get to school. Today I really didn't want to go but I dragged myself. Lord knows if I'll make it out of this alive.

I got to school and walked to my locker.
"Hi" I looked up to see who was talking to me. It was the boy form the parking lot. Why is he talking to me? I quickly shrugged my thoughts off and responded.
"Hi" I said blandly. I dint really know how to react. Back in highschool noone ever talked to me, I was just kinda like the wierd kid.

He eyed a little suspiciously.
"Why are you so closed off?" He asked me. That caught me off guard. I've only met this guy once or twice and now hes invested in my life?! Excuse me?! I wanted to give him a piece of my mind but I figured that it's not necessary.
"I guess I'm just not good with people" I shrugged. I closed my locker.
"Bye" I said before walking to my Chem class. I really dont want to think about this too much so I just walked to my class.

************************************

Its lunchtime
I have a class after lunch then I can go home. I just grab my juice box and drink it until its finished. I dont like people so I walked out of the cafeteria and went to eat by a tree outside. I've always liked trees and nature. It sounds cliche and boring but after my mom and dad would hit me black and blue and leave the house,I would just sit by the birds and it would give me peace.

The bell rang for my chem class and I went for it.

Chem finished super fast,lucky for me,and I just went to the collecting zone to see the driver waiting for me. I got in and just couldnt wait to get home and take a nap. I've had a bad day all up in my thoughts. I just want to fall into deep dreamless sleep. Lately I havent been getting nightmares which I'm madly grateful for.

We got home and all I could think about was my bed covers. I just let myself be engulfed by sleep. Dreamless sleep.

AN
Spoiler : Axel's pov is next👀
Be ready!!